Quantcast

Need a German speaker...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ridemonkey said:
I have a friend that needs translation of a German ebay listing. If you can help, I'll have him email you.

Thanks!
Do you have a link to the auction? We can put it in Babelfish and see how bad it butchers it.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
How 'bout these....

German Physiks Tiebreak - MSRP: $250000 (price is not a misprint!)

"Each Tie Break speaker is composed of four (4) DDD units, eight (8) 6-inch drivers, and four (4) 15-inch woofers."

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Heidi said:
:)

I'm relatively new to German...teaching myself some for our trip next year.
I went to Germany, Switzerland, and France all in 10 days. It was fun, except France wasnt great. You will enjoy speaking the language. I am in German 3 now and some of my relatives live in Germany.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Heidi said:
:)

I'm relatively new to German...teaching myself some for our trip next year.
Just don't make the rookie mistake and say "Ich bin heiss" when you're warm. You need to say "Mir ist heiss" (It's hot to me.) "Ich bin heiss" means you're hot...and bothered.

MD

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
rpk1988 said:
I went to Germany, Switzerland, and France all in 10 days. It was fun, except France wasnt great. You will enjoy speaking the language. I am in German 3 now and some of my relatives live in Germany.
I went there a couple years ago, but couldn't speak much of the language, it sucked. This time we're going to Switzerland...the German speaking area and I want to be prepared. I'm pissed my family didn't carry on the heritage. I have some strong German ancestory on my dad's side.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea its wierd in Switzerland how you will be driving down the highway and the signs will change from German to French.

Ich weiss nicht means i dont know, so du weiss nicht means you dont know.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
rpk1988 said:
How could you not like France????? did you go to southern france along the cote d'azur? Super amazing crazy wonderfull brilliantly nice there. However I think Switzerland still owns... :rolleyes:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Heidi said:
I went there a couple years ago, but couldn't speak much of the language, it sucked. This time we're going to Switzerland...the German speaking area and I want to be prepared. I'm pissed my family didn't carry on the heritage. I have some strong German ancestory on my dad's side.
I wasn;t to sober while in switzerland and was there for very little time. I'm wondering what parts are what, french german ect Like is it what ever part is closest to either germany or france? Also how strong is the divide...when I was there I remembered most people speaking both german, french and some english. My moms friend who lives there speaks all three.....

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
JMAC said:
How could you not like France????? did you go to southern france along the cote d'azur? Super amazing crazy wonderfull brilliantly nice there. However I think Switzerland still owns... :rolleyes:
Reasons why I didnt like France:
1. It was kinda of dirty where we were (Outside of Paris)
2. I am not a fan of the french language so being there didnt help.
3. I had more fun in Germany because we spent more time there.

Yea but Switzerland was awesome. The water coming off the mountains is crystal clear(and there arent any shopping carts at the bottom) and there are so many nice lakes. When they have bike racks over there, they have bike racks. I saw one bike rack outside a train station that had at least 100 bikes on it. France was that bad, the Muesums were nice.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
rpk1988 said:
Reasons why I didnt like France:
1. It was kinda of dirty where we were (Outside of Paris)
It's kinda dirty outside New York too. (New Jersey)

Southern France is amazing. Southern French girls are extra super amazing.