Quantcast

Need a place / room in Portland by the end of summer... with riders?

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Hey all,

In short… I would like to get a room in a house with other riders in Portland by the end of the summer. Read on for details.

I’m looking to move to Portland at the end of the summer for work. I would like to live with some other riders, or at least in a rider-friendly household. I would prefer to live with folks 25-30 years old (I’m 25). I just finished grad school at OSU in Corvallis, and will be working somewhere in the ecology/planning/GIS world. I’m looking for a room in a house or apartment… but I am coming with 4 bikes, so it needs to have a garage or workshop. I am clean, respectful, and excited about being in a city again. I want to be IN OR VERY NEAR TO TOWN so that I can ride to work / nightlife.

My interests include bikes (downhill, x-country, and BMX… getting back into racing), music (indie, alt-country, rock, whatever… just not jazz), beer, BBQ, bouldering, ecology, etc. I do a bit of riding at Falls City and Post Canyon now, especially now that school is actually done. If you've been to Falls City and seen the big map at the parking area, or the little trail maps... I made them. I'll hopefully do something similar for work.

Let me know if you might have a room / place coming available sometime in August or September. I am comfortable with a variety of lifestyles, just so long as nobody pushes their particular choices on others. I like to go out fairly often for drinks and music, but I am not an all-night type. I have a serious girlfriend in Eugene, so frequent visits by her would have to be okay. Roommates that I could ride with during the evenings or on weekends would be great.

Let me know what you have available. I can provide references (both landlords and roommates) if necessary. Cheers.