Quantcast

Need a shop recommendation for Encinitas/Carlsbad area

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I need a fork installed and I'm located in Encinitas. Any recommendations on shops? I'm like a block from Leucadia Cyclery so if anyone has had a good experience with them that would be the most convenient.

Also looking for a nice peaceful 1st ride since destroying my wrist this summer if anyone is going out this week.

tks,

Fury/Miko (of Canadia)

though ive never had any personal experience, friend have told me that Leucadia Cyclery will do a good job.
its a simple fork-swap right? if so, they should do it no prob.

if you dont want to go with them, Amazon Bikes will do it well... theyre right off of I-5 and Hwy. 78 in Oceanside, theyve done a bunch of stuff for me very well and ive always been happy.

i'd be stoked to ride, but i dont have my bike running... are you looking for DH or XC style?

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'm looking for XC style as it's the first ride since my injury and I'm on a new bike (to me).

I'll stop by Leucadia tomorrow and see what's what. If they can't do it (or won't do it soon enough) then I'll call up Amazon.

Tks for the tips

Bixxle

Chimp
Dec 29, 2007
What kind of work do you need done?

Just a star-nut and crown-race set and your steer-tube cut? Leucadia's wrench/owner seems to know his stuff. The mechanic at Encinitas is good too if you get him and not some of the kids who can't wrench.

If thats all the work you need done its really simple and you could easily do it yourself if you have the time.

Is anyone actually going to be going to this Trail work at La Costa?