Quantcast

Need abnormally large road/XC helmet??

CyberJay

Chimp
Nov 4, 2001
East Windsor, NJ
I'm trying to help a guy find a new helmet. His current Bell is about 10 years old and it's deffinitely not safe anymore. We've checked out the largest Giro(Atlas), Bell, and Specialized helmets with no luck. His temples are very wide. Anyone have any suggestions? He rides road, once or twice a week, 50-150miles per ride.

Thanks in advance.
-Jay

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
CyberJay said:
I'm trying to help a guy find a new helmet. His current Bell is about 10 years old and it's deffinitely not safe anymore. We've checked out the largest Giro(Atlas), Bell, and Specialized helmets with no luck. His temples are very wide. Anyone have any suggestions? He rides road, once or twice a week, 50-150miles per ride.

Thanks in advance.
-Jay
Try a Bell X-ray. My melon is really round and it's the only "modern" helmet I've found that fits well. I have an '03, but the '04 is unchanged from '03. It comes w/ a snap on/off visor. When I ride road, I find that the visor gets in the way, but is excellent for mountain (altho still a bit low).

Edit: it's BIG and ROUND, like Sputnik!

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
I have had the best luck with the highernd large specialized helmets.. lIke the Decible, Aurora, or Telluride.... But you said you have tried them... Bell would be next. I work with a kid at the shop whos got a ginormous head, and he says a large bell fits him the best. No idea which model tho. Ill see if I can find out.