Quantcast

Need ammo...in bulk.

Aug 23, 2011
So I just picked up my first gun the other day (Mossberg 590a1) and there is no way I can be paying $5-7 for a box of five slugs. The range I use (the only public, outdoor range there is...) is not to fond of buck/bird shot due to hitting others targets. (I will got on weekdays so there are only a few people and can maybe get away with some buck shot) But I am looking at picking up a case of Federal Hydra-Shok slugs...any one used these? How are they? Or any other decent priced slugs...

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Shoot skeet. Birdshot is cheap. I don't have any personal interest in how you shoot your guns, but why buy a shotgun if you're just going to shoot slugs?

If you insist on slugs, here's a cheap option. I haven't, and probably won't try it myself but here you go..

Aug 23, 2011
Problem is the only time I can really shoot clays is on the weekend, which I really dont care for because there is going to be a ton of people. Like I said I might be able to get away with buck on the weekdays but on weekends (Im sure I will go some weekends) it's a no go for sure.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Shoot skeet. Birdshot is cheap. I don't have any personal interest in how you shoot your guns, but why buy a shotgun if you're just going to shoot slugs?

If you insist on slugs, here's a cheap option. I haven't, and probably won't try it myself but here you go..

Fired a few of those before and you cannot hit crap... very sloppy on the flight.

What I like to do and is pretty fun is to score the shell about half way. That way it takes the top of the shell with it, it will hold the shot same as the wax slug, but it takes ten seconds to do it.