Quantcast

Need an ISIS DH bottom bracket

I_N_I

Chimp
Sep 25, 2007
I need a new ISIS BB, the Truvative Giga pipe DH that is on my bike needs replacing soon, any recommendations for a BB that is any good.
This one was OK, no problems, but the grease didn't last very long. It also looks not to be serviceable for a repack. Am I right?

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
FSA has done right by me last season on the dh bike and many seasons on the trail bike.

Because the bearings make up a large part of the overall cost, it makes sense just to get a fresh BB when it's worn out. That's how they're designed.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
I have had good results with the Gigapipes , also SKF make a very nice Isis BB, they are a little expensive and a little harder to find though.

All the FSA Isis ones I had did noy last very long.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
FSA has a really nice expensive one, i think its super strong and Ti but dont hold me to it. i have had that for 4 years now and its still good
even with crank casing

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
FSA actually makes an exo bb w/ an isis interface, id recomened that.
That one would be for howitzer drive cranks, wont work with standerd Isis

On that note, Truvative Gigapipe team is a good buy, good quality, and I know it holds up, My Big ass rode one for four years and It still holding up strong, Only reason I am not still using it, Is that I went to the howitzer drive Hussefelts when I broke my Old Prodigy's

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Like mentioned above, if you're running Isis still, the only BB worth considering is an SKF.

They run their own roller bearings instead of ball bearings. You want the BFR series.

10 year warranty. Yup, 10 years.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
what about in an 83mm what are the options?
Personal Opinion, but if your running a Bike with an 83/150 Its time to ditch the old style bb setup, get something a little more up to date, such as the howitzer drive or other outboard style setup. I like the howitzter drive myself, seems to be the best of both worlds, outboard bearings, and you still have a dedicated spindle inside the bb, bolts together just like the old style cranks. Just something about it that I really like, also the bearings are big, noticably big, but so are the diabolous outboards!!! just my two cents on that one..