Quantcast

Need Bike Knowledge! please and thank you.

BrettR

Chimp
Sep 11, 2004
OK,
would $650 be a good deal for this? also, I'm 5'9, would this be a good fit well? I dont have much experince in this stuff, but i like how P.1's ride if that helps.

its 16" rear
its 21.75 tt
effective top tube is 21.25

fame: cortina europa DS
fork: marzocchi z-5
wheels: sun rhyno lite's with shimano XT disc hubs hand laced with DT stainless spokes
cranks: FSA Xtreme V-drive, with 22&32 t rings and a tooth fairy bash guard
pedals: eastern platform
bb: truvative giga pipe
frnt der:XT
rear der: xtr
brakes:avid mechanical disc
brake leavers: xtr
shifters: xtr rear/lx front
bar: easton ea50
stem: race face diabolus
headset: WTB
seat post: generic
seat: azonic
tires: conti back / tioga front

Thanks for the help, hopefully this is a ok forum for this to be in........

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
You the same BrettR from VBMX? If so, this is "DNBLC". What up.

Regardless, assuming everything's in good working order, that's a great deal - with the exception of the fork that's a nice build. Fork's fine but probably not up to the task of DS/4X/BMX type riding - will be fine to get started with but you oughta consider a newer/beefier before too long.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Work 'em down a bit. It's a nice frame and all, but since it is such a niche product, they will not see many buyers.

BrettR

Chimp
Sep 11, 2004
JeffD said:
You the same BrettR from VBMX? If so, this is "DNBLC". What up.

Regardless, assuming everything's in good working order, that's a great deal - with the exception of the fork that's a nice build. Fork's fine but probably not up to the task of DS/4X/BMX type riding - will be fine to get started with but you oughta consider a newer/beefier before too long.
Yep, same BrettR. :)

So, would it fit me properly? I'm considering sellign my raod bike which should put me about $150 out from that bike, and i can afford the $150.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i would buy it. i wouldnt try to run him down too much however its a nice rig. i will tell you however that it wont relly feel the same as the p-series bikes. i think cortinas are steel (?) if that is the case the bike will ride a little different. i'd offer 600 and buy the hell ot of it if i were you.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
biggins said:
i would buy it. i wouldnt try to run him down too much however its a nice rig. i will tell you however that it wont relly feel the same as the p-series bikes. i think cortinas are steel (?) if that is the case the bike will ride a little different. i'd offer 600 and buy the hell ot of it if i were you.
Nah the europa is aluminum though.