Quantcast

Need downhill bike for US $1800

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
A friend of mine is getting into downhill, I'm going to see if I can pick him up a DH bike in the US when I'm there, Im going to canada for a week then down to stay near Los Angeles for a while.

As I will be in Whistler bike mecca , surely there is a shop there where I could loads of second hand bikes for sale anyone recommend?

I know all the bike shops around Los Angeles, (bikeattack,cynergy,jenson,the path, helens etc..) None really will have anything in that price range just wondering if you guys know of something I should look up.
My friend is an ex bmx dirt jump guy and just wants a decent downhill bike, but doesnt like konas. I think Second hand demo 7's or 8 or glorys would suit him, he is looking for something in size medium.
He could go a bit more than the amount above but not much.

Just wndering if anyone has seen any good deals around?

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
Last edited:

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
theres no way you are going to fine a dh bike under 1800 or so brand new in southern cali.....just look around for used bikes

edit: and if you do pm me please :p

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
When are you going to be around Whistler? Mid-September->October is when the local shops start selling off their rental fleets. The bikes have usually seen a lot of use, but are generally in good shape as they tend to get ridden by relative novices. Definitely see before you buy, but there's some good deals to be had on Rocky Mountains and Konas.

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
BMCarter, thanks a million for the craigslist links they are very helpful.

bi-ted Im in Vancouver Tomorrow and then whistler this coming Thursday for 4 nights so wont be around for the end of season sales but I'll check the shops anyway.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
There is a big difference in a used bike from someone who rode it hard from a season and a used rental bike that was ridden hard by people who rent bikes nearly every day at whistler, I would stay away from those no matter how good of a deal they are....most are pretty much worked. If you found a newer one that got little use by some chance, thats different.

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
yeah I get your points on rental bikes, being used to bits but maybe if one wasnt used that much, which is probably not realistic.

jmonos thanks but the foes is a bit old he'd prefer something a bit newer.

brittmtb he would be really interested in any type of spec demo, I will only be in Whister then southern california.

hey im in whistler this weekend, friday/sat/sun if anyone has something aorund that price PM me and I can meet ya.