Quantcast

Need front thru-axle for Sinister Shenanigan MTB

Apr 21, 2021
I picked up this bike recently and discovered the release mechanism on the front thru-axle is busted. It's an unusual size and I'm trying to find a suitable replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I picked up this bike recently and discovered the release mechanism on the front thru-axle is busted. It's an unusual size and I'm trying to find a suitable replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You'll have to provide more details. The front through axle is specific to the suspension fork that came on the bike, not the bike itself.

What year and model is the fork?

Apr 21, 2021
Thanks - I don't know a lot about the fork other than it is a Fox and the thru-axel is 20mm. The bike is at the shop currently - once I get it back I'll see if I can find identifying info on the fork.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
You said its a weird size, but a 20mm through axle WAS actually a common one to be found.

Thank you bike industry!

You most likely just need one of these:
820-09-028-KIT
820-09-004-KIT

Conveniently out of stock on two sites that I checked. Thank you 'rona!

Will most likely need to determine how old the fork is. Do you have a picture of it?

Apr 21, 2021
You said its a weird size, but a 20mm through axle WAS actually a common one to be found.

Will most likely need to determine how old the fork is. Do you have a picture of it?
Thanks. My bike should be back from the shop early next week. I'll post a picture then. My mechanic emailed Fox to ask them about it but says there's a good chance they won't reply.