Quantcast

Need Graphics help

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
I need some help. My company has some logo wear that I am supposed to wear at events (we are a timing compnay) and I really don't like what they have provided me. They have given me the green light to have some of my own stuff made (at my expense which I am cool with) but I need to have our logo prepared for the sportswear company that will do the production. I have tried to get the artwork from the guys I work with and it has been like pulling teeth. I must take things into my own hands. Anyone able to help out a fellow monkey?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
You just need a vector (Illustrator or Freehand) logo to send to them.

"Yo bitches, give up the logo, or I be smashing some faces!"

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stinkyboy said:
You just need a vector (Illustrator or Freehand) logo to send to them.

"Yo bitches, give up the logo, or I be smashing some faces!"
I am with stinky!!! if you can get the Vector image sent to you by them, you can resize it etc. any print shop you take it to will be able to make a film pos from vector image for printing, or to map it for embroidery!

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Well then there lies my problem. Getting the Vector image. And they are out of the country until the end of the week and I need the imige like, yesterday, because I leave in a week for a week and a half of events and don't want to have to wear the old stuff. I makes me look like a stuffed peice of cantalope!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Here's the redraw without graduated fills and process colors. It's now 2 color for screening. Send the .eps and/or the .ai documents from your email to your printer.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Stinky has poor taste in Suicide Girls but excellent response in intarweb customer service.

Bravo.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
Here's the redraw without graduated fills and process colors. It's now 2 color for screening. Send the .eps and/or the .ai documents from your email to your printer.
The lighter blue is a halftone?

I hope it's 55 line or less.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
H8R said:
The lighter blue is a halftone?I hope it's 55 line or less.
there are no screens in vector artwork. it is solid until the printer screens it. the light blue is just a percentage of the dark blue. the file is still 2 colors.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
What he sent me will work great. It's not screenprint. Embroidered. So the color part shouldn't matter. I learned today that embroidery is charged by the stitch and thread color doesn't really matter. I learned a lot today. Thanks everyone and especially Stinkyboy.:)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
riverside73 said:
What he sent me will work great. It's not screenprint. Embroidered. So the color part shouldn't matter. I learned today that embroidery is charged by the stitch and thread color doesn't really matter. I learned a lot today. Thanks everyone and especially Stinkyboy.:)
Ahhh..

Coolness. Good luck!

BTW - I am FINALLY starting to do custom screenprinting in addition to the printing I do for our business. Let me know down the road if you ever need screened goods.

And no Stinky, I still won't do 4 color proccess work for you. I can, but I won't. :eviltongu

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Jimmy_Pop said:
there are no screens in vector artwork. it is solid until the printer screens it. the light blue is just a percentage of the dark blue. the file is still 2 colors.
Ah, ok. I need to dive into Illustrator soon or later. I have Photoshop down (at least enough anyway) and I can do AutoCad, but I never spent enough time on Illustrator.

Is there an alternative for Illustrator in the same way that GIMP is an alternative to Photoshop?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
H8R said:
Is there an alternative for Illustrator in the same way that GIMP is an alternative to Photoshop?
I actually use Macromedia Freehand because I'm faster in it, and then I can convert to Illustrator for most of the rest of the world. It's Coke and Pepsi though. Definitely learn Illustrator for your biz!

There is no alternative for Photoshop.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
There is no alternative for Photoshop.
Ok, GIMP and Photoshop is more like Safeway Select Diet soda and Coke, but you catch my drift.

GIMP is pretty cool once you get into it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Transcend said:
gimp needs to have a ballgag stuffed in it's face and put back in it's box.

Don't mince your words there kid, tell us how you really feel.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
H8R said:
And no Stinky, I still won't do 4 color proccess work for you. I can, but I won't. :eviltongu
I found a dude in town that has it DOWN! Get some tan pillow cases and you'll have a customer.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
I found a dude in town that has it DOWN! Get some tan pillow cases and you'll have a customer.
I can do it, but I just hate doing it manually. It takes an auto press to dial in the dot gain and get it looking right. I'd rather not do 4 color half assed.

I used to work for a company that did shirts for the SF MOMA and Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art. We did reproductions of many famous paintings on tee shirts. Full color process Frida Kahlo paintings, Jeff Koons stuff, duotone prints of Robert Maplethorpe photos, etc, etc.

It's a pain but very rewarding when it comes out right.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Lest someone mistakes my post for an endorsement of N8's lifestyle (nttiawwt)...

GIMP:

GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.
http://www.gimp.org/

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
H8R said:
I can do it, but I just hate doing it manually. It takes an auto press to dial in the dot gain and get it looking right. I'd rather not do 4 color half assed.

I used to work for a company that did shirts for the SF MOMA and Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art. We did reproductions of many famous paintings on tee shirts. Full color process Frida Kahlo paintings, Jeff Koons stuff, duotone prints of Robert Maplethorpe photos, etc, etc.

It's a pain but very rewarding when it comes out right.
I'm not sure what's rewarding about a Maplethorpe photo, but this dude did some self promo shirts with his logo and a rainbow trout that looked so sick it looked real.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stinkyboy said:
I'm not sure what's rewarding about a Maplethorpe photo, but this dude did some self promo shirts with his logo and a rainbow trout that looked so sick it looked real.
But did the shirt taste as yummy as rainbow trout? If not, I'll pass.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I really like gimp's, measure tool. Photoshop doesn't have that.

I have been using photoshop for a few years. Will I be able to figure it out, or will I need classes or books first?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What's with everyone biting Echo's steez these days?

And Illustrator is the shiznit, ask Transcend he loves it so much his brain implodes when I send him .ai files to slice up into web graphics. Where's them buttons you want me to create, holmes?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Full Trucker said:
What's with everyone biting Echo's steez these days?

And Illustrator is the shiznit, ask Transcend he loves it so much his brain implodes when I send him .ai files to slice up into web graphics. Where's them buttons you want me to create, holmes?
I took a vacation from work land today. Instead i browsed RM and wandered around taking pictures of useless crap. A day well spent!

I'll zip 'em up and send em over now. ADD TO CART, DIRTY BIATCH.