Quantcast

Need help Asap

Shocky

Chimp
Aug 23, 2006
I need a 20" LSD double wall rim, i have one but im not exactly sure how much it would be to get it trued, and somethign seems wrong with the sprocket. Would it be worth buying a whole new rim or getting this one fixed?

clokstar

Chimp
Aug 16, 2006
Moncton
Well, if there's nothing wrong with you're current rim then I don't think it would be neccessary to actually buy another and then haev to pay to get it re-spoked and a hun put on. Getting it trued would cost wayy less. You haven't really specified what the sprocket problem is so I can't really help you there.

Shocky

Chimp
Aug 23, 2006
the rim is bent, and you can see when you spin it, but it doesnt hit the frame or brake pads.

The sprocket, about every half turn it gets harder to push and has a grinding feel to it.

that and when i pedal it backwards it slows down the bike and some times even acts as a reverse gear every now and then

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
sounds like the wheel can be trued...

as for the sprocket, how tight is the chain? that almost sounds like its a problem with your chain being too tight, and if your front chainring isn't round (most arent perfectly round) then it will cause tight spots in your chain, which will make it feel harder to push..