Quantcast

need help buying a mt bike

Younge82

Chimp
Jun 25, 2005
hi, im a first time rider and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good mt bike for around 400 bucks? i know it's not much.. (ive' been looking at some specialized, but was wondering if there was anything better for that money?) thanks

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Find someone to help you and look online at used bikes. I'd say go for a hardtail. If you look online you can, from time to time, find some really good deals. Just have a friend help you who knows a lot about bikes just so you can make sure it is a good deal, or you could just ask here. Good luck!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You know, posting this in a bunch of different forums is not going to get you better answers...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
sanjuro said:
You know, posting this in a bunch of different forums is not going to get you better answers...
uh...why not? More opinions are always better

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Having different forums makes it easier to find what you are looking for. Alternately, do you want see the same thread posted in multiple forums?

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
sanjuro said:
Alternately, do you want see the same thread posted in multiple forums?
Multiple posts in DIFFERENT forums doesn't bother me a bit; just don't read the thread if you're bothered by it. It isn't like one extra post on the main page is taking much away from your precious ridemonkey experience. What I DO hate seeing is bad lexicon, which you have. :thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Giant and Specialized are probably going to offer you the most bike for your budget. Take a look at what they've got in your price range, and go with the bike that you are most comfortable on.