Quantcast

Need Help Chosing Parts For A DJ Bike

• Enter the Ridemonkey Secret Santa 2020!

Come exchange gifts with other monkeys! From beer, to light-up bike nuts, to custom machined holiday decorations, there's something for everyone. To participate, make sure you send your email by November 29th.
    Click here for details and to learn how to participate.

ConFuZeD

Chimp
May 25, 2010
I'm planning on building a DJ bike that is SS with 24" wheels so it needs to be fairly light but also stong. I quite like the look of the yeti DJ 2009 or the DMR transition purple has anyone had any experiences with either of these frames? Also i would like to have some Halo SAS wheels and i like the look of the rock shox pikes but am having trouble finding other parts. I would like to have a pair of big handlebars. My budget is aroung £1100 but i'm willing to go a little higher if necessary
Any help is appreciated
Cheers:)

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
24" wheels on a 26" specific frame pretty much sucks. Your BB will drop pretty low, and the chainstays will be pretty long.
Try to find a 24" specific frame, like a Superco, an NS Suburban 24, Tonic Fab Fall Guy, USB Molly, etc.
I ended up getting a frame custom made, since I wanted BMX BB, headtube, and specific geometry, but kept the MTB hub spacing, disc brakes, and fork.
You need to figure out what you want a little more specifically before getting good advice....
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227557
Check the above thread for details on what I did. The bike is amazing.