Quantcast

Need help deciding which bike.

jdiggitty

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
Been out of MTB for about 7 years. Last bike I had was a Scott Pro hardtail. sold it to pay for my last semester.

Anyway, I'm looking at a Yeti 575 enduro stock. But I'm a bit curious about a number of the custom builds Adrenaline Bikes has up for the Mountain Cycles San Andreas right now. I've read only great reviews of both bikes. Is there a reason the M.C. are getting such a heavy discount?

Can anyone add some insight? I've got nowhere to test a San Andreas.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
jdiggitty said:
Is there a reason the M.C. are getting such a heavy discount?

Can anyone add some insight? I've got nowhere to test a San Andreas.
M.C. has been on shakey ground as of late. I haven't kept up recently but last I heard they were bought by a huge asian company. One can only hope they don't end up as a wally world brand. The San Andreas' is a nice bike from what I have heard, but honestly I'd stick with the 575. The 575 is a GREAT bike and I'm sure you will be really happy with it. Then again I have only ridden the 575 so keep that in mind.

jdiggitty

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
I was getting the impression that something was up with that company.(MC) When I was riding before they were highly regarded, much like Intense or Foes, but you can't get much info these days.

How is Adrenaline Bikes to work with? My local shop says they can get the 575 in but he can't get me a price on it until he proves he's a shop to Yeti(or whoever the distributer is). Lifetime labor for free, but I'm not too w/ paying. Usually if I'm in the shop it's cause I broke something and have to write a check anyway..

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
the san andreas is a high pivot, not good, lots of pedal jack,

high pivots suck for granny gear climbing

I really like my 575 by the way.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm very biased as I own a 575 and will be taking it to the grave with me - it's an amazing bike.

What type of terrain do you ride? How big are you?