Quantcast

Need help from Vancouver, Whistler Monkeys for touristy stuff

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
It looks like I have convinced my wife to take our summer vacation in Vancouver and Whistler this summer. I get to plan two days in Whistler and she gets three days in Vancouver. So here are my questions:

(1) What non-bike things would you all recommend for my wife to do while we are in Whistler?
(2) Best place to stay in Whistler? Most convenient? Reasonably priced?
(3) Bring my bike (Transition Preston) or rent while there?
(4) We are probably going to sea kayak and whale watch while in Van...any suggestions?
(5) Finally, anything that we should do while in either Van. or Whistler that I wouldn't know about (from googling touristy stuff)?

Thanks in advance.

mr.loops

Chimp
Nov 12, 2006
Better get out that Gold card my friend - you are going to need it where your going!!
Sorry couldn't be any help with any suggestions ( I usually just drive there for the day and then head back home)
P.S.
If you like the x-c goods (gasp!) you have to go ride Comfortably Numb - one of the best epic's!!

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Since you are only riding a couple of days at Whistler, just rent.

We did a fun ATV ride to the top of the "other" mtn at Whistler... nice salmon dinner at the top. Fun ride. PM for other tips if considering.

Definitely be prepared to $pend. :shocked:

We stayed in a condo in the center of the village... convienent to everything and not too expensive... but bring ear plugs if you like to go to sleep before the bars close..

Comfortably Numb... dude... you're evil... :rolleyes: ...if your wife is a serious rider, then she might enjoy that trail... but it's not a ride to be done solo if you've never ridden it before. Loooong ride.

wizardB

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
Forget Whistler just stay in Van and come to North Van and ride Fromme and Seymour

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
There are countless things to do in whistler. You could easiely wander at the base of the mountain for hours! some good night clubs too.

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
I,m not from B.C. but my wife is and we visit up there every year.I would say for your wife take her to Granville island, stanley park is nice along with a hike in Lynn canyon ,and for a good dinner go to the samon house it is $$ to $$$, and if you need a guide call bush pilot and talk to johnny smoke(check out nsmb.com then click links and check out guides).I enjoy mt. seymour and riding CBC,pingor pangor, empress, corkscrew, c-buster, good samaritain.