Quantcast

Need help getting the right IFP depth on DHX 5

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Posted this on MTBR but had no luck, hopefully someone here will have an answer.

So I've been playing around a bit with different depths and Im not quite sure I like either of the settings I tried so far.

Even at 37mm the shock seems to be fairly harsh ( giving me the impression it has to much HSC ) and Im using FOX 7W suspension fluid, which I believe to me the exact same oil FOX use for their rear shock.Im tempted to go even lower than 37mm but Im afraid bad things may results from this...In the past I was using fork oil, 10w and I never had this "hars-ness" problem, perhaps I should try that as well... altought I dont see how that would make a difference in this case.

Things is, Im not sure where it was originally set and I cant find my shock on any chart I came across so far ( mine is 8.75 X 2.75 )

I know it has something do to with the stroke and the I2I but can anyone explain to me how to accurately figure out the right IFP depth for my shock ?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Search "DHX rebuild" on MTBR and you'll find a guy who made a PDF, at the back he lists all the stock IFP depths.