Quantcast

Need help picking tires for DH and cross country

Airbrushkid

Chimp
Nov 13, 2010
I'm new to this still. I live in Upstate New York. First the down hill tires. I am assuming that a wire bead tires are better for DH then folding, am I right? I've seen many use wide front and narrow rear tire. Why? Compounds? In general wider vs narrow?

Which tires for cross country?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
youve got it all wrong, no body can tell you what the best tire is without any info first.

you buy the tires that fit your conditions and abilities. and often you will have different tires on the fraont than the back, we know nothing about the area you ride?

Bottom line is this, if you ride for very long and are somewhat serious about it you will have a good sized collection of tires and wheel in your garage that will be your quiver for the different areas and rides.

Aedubber

Chimp
Aug 15, 2011
Passaic County , NJ
DH an XC is wayyyy different lol .. Each tire acts differently depending on the terrain , air pressure , compound ,etc.. It's just all trial and error till u find what you like .

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
I'm in the Rochester area I run a maxxis aspen on the front and a maxxis crossmark on the rear both 2.25

My dh I run a specialized butcher 2.3 up front and a panaracer fire fr on the rear