Quantcast

Need help quickly

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I know the boards aren't the classifieds section, I'm really sorry to post this here, but I'm trying to get this handled as quickly as possible. My friend (here in NY) bought another friends (from CA) giant faith. I dealt with packing it, and I forgot to bring the axle. Do any of you north east monkies (upstate NY near lake george) have a spare glory, faith, or azonic outlaw axle sitting around you'd be willing to donate or sell? Trying to get him riding as quickly as possible.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Call Chris or Bob at Elevate Cycles in Saratoga, NY (about 15 minutes south of Lake George, exit 15 off the northway)- 518.587.0455

They sell Giants so they may have an axle. I know they (at least did) have azonic axles in stock a while ago as well.

I have a spare 135 X12 azonic axle, but I'm in Albany and am no nowheres near my spare parts box (at home), and won't be until 8pm tonight. Elevate is your best bet, tell them Jim Mac sent you.

If they don't have anything, try Rick's Bike shop in Queensbury, NY (exit 19), I don;t know what they stock, though.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
I'm in CT, but pretty sure I have a Brand new Outlaw axle laying around - the axle is bolt on for a 150mm hub.

let me know if you want it - just pay shipping.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Call Chris or Bob at Elevate Cycles in Saratoga, NY (about 15 minutes south of Lake George, exit 15 off the northway)- 518.587.0455

They sell Giants so they may have an axle. I know they (at least did) have azonic axles in stock a while ago as well.

I have a spare 135 X12 azonic axle, but I'm in Albany and am no nowheres near my spare parts box (at home), and won't be until 8pm tonight. Elevate is your best bet, tell them Jim Mac sent you.

If they don't have anything, try Rick's Bike shop in Queensbury, NY (exit 19), I don;t know what they stock, though.
Its actually a 150x12 unfortunately, which just makes finding one that much harder. Not many bike shops that stock DH stuff. I'll check out elevate and ricks, thanks for the advice! I'd just have my roommate send one from my house in Davis, but we're trying to plan a trip to whiteface tomorrow, which means thats out.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Isn't the whiteface rental fleet - Giants?

I'm sure Downhillmike could help you out!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have one, but I'm nowhere near whiteface and won't be headed there...sorry. If you're anywhere near Boston you can borrow it...

That doesn't help, but I tried.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I have one, but I'm nowhere near whiteface and won't be headed there...sorry. If you're anywhere near Boston you can borrow it...

That doesn't help, but I tried.
thanks man! looks like elevate doesn't have any, and neither does ricks, so it looks like I'll be two day air shipping it and missing this thursday.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
thanks man! looks like elevate doesn't have any, and neither does ricks, so it looks like I'll be two day air shipping it and missing this thursday.
something that small, can't you have someone put it in a Fed Ex envelope and overnight it? i am sure it will cost more but you could be up and running by late morning if you use the priority overnight (morning delivery).

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
something that small, can't you have someone put it in a Fed Ex envelope and overnight it? i am sure it will cost more but you could be up and running by late morning if you use the priority overnight (morning delivery).
yah, but I'm not willing to pay the 40 dollars to overnight it. He can wait a day. There is no urgency other then him being impatient to ride

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Well if you don't find one and are headed to NH to ride highland, let me know, I can bring it on Saturday or something. It's a 12x150mm Outlaw axle, I have no need for it but would like to keep it, so it would be a "borrow" rather than a keep, but you could certainly use it for a long time then send it back.

Good luck finding one for whiteface. High peaks cyclery may be able to help you out, so might DH Mike. High peaks is in lake placid.