Quantcast

Need help selecting a place to ride in May

cmhcoop

Chimp
Apr 5, 2006
Some buddies and I are trying to decide on a place to ride the end of May. They live in Southern California and I live in Central Texas. We wouldn't mind some fun X-country, but also wouldn't mind downhill riding at a mountain either. Trip length would be about 5-7 days, and we can either fly or drive to the location. Hopefully, we can stay central to Western US. I've done Moab already, and would like to try some other place before I go there.
Thanks!

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Flagstaff for two days. Good riding, good beer, good people. Sedona for a day, then down to the saguaros in Southern AZ. Bump over to the Chiricahua area, see and ride around the Hoodoos. Sweet hot springs in the area, including a developed hot spring with tents and cabins for next to no $$$.

J

JRB

I'd stay here and make them come out. I think we could show some Cali monkeys that we have good trails and hippies. It'll be just like home without the flooding and the smog. :thumb:

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
True, but I do know how to make love, to women, livestock, dolphins, and even tried a jellyfish once.
Wumpus - is that you???

J

JRB

NorCal would be cool, but you may run into snow up there in May. I wouldn't mind New Mexico sometime. I could find tons of spots in CO, NV, or UT too. I am not so picky, so I would just bring them to TX, like I said.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Forget all the others, Bellingham, WA, and Galbraith are calling to you. ;)
Really though, a bit of every kind of riding, plenty of trails. Would take a very long ride, longer than anyone would ever do, or a few days of average riding to cover all of the trails. Plus, if you wanted to check out the Shore, it is just an hour out of town, over the border.

Look at www.galbraithmt.com for more info, or just ask me.:cool:

A few new trails will be completed, I am sure, by the end of May, giving even more choices.

Oh, forgot to mention, Galbraith is only one of the places you can go riding, there are other hills with trails too, Galbraith is just the most popular for good reasons. :)

R

richcreek

go to whistler, fly out, ride for 5 days, fly home. or go to Snowshoe and do the same thing snowshoe is probally cheaper