Quantcast

need help where are the races

Tacoma Lad

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
tacoma wa
whats up with the racing scene I need help just got out of the army and I was never around for the season. If you can help me you would make my day. :stupid: :

Tacoma Lad

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
tacoma wa
well guess I missed another season .... guess I will just do the exits and whistler

ps whats with all the secret trail stuff if you built it dont you want people to ride it
Me and friends built some stuff on Ft lewis not big stuff but if you want to ride it then I can get you in to contact with someone that will get you there and show you around

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Hey I am curious, in exchange I am sure we can show you around some riding in Bham. There might be a few events left in OR? Not sure, I haven't been following that series very well, anyone know?

Tacoma Lad

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
tacoma wa
ft lewis has ladders a few jumps air supply style and a road gap that is around a15 ft gap. built it my self with a friend alot of the trails are short and none are truly dh style north shore stuff but there is plenty to try our hand at. there is a skinny that I built and only scene one person ride the whole thing granted only a dozen people know of the place

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
TL....

I commute i-5 south through the fort every day... I live off the back side of the fort and can hear machine guns and bombs exploding from my back yard........ I always gaze into the woods as im driving through the Fort. Ive heard of plenty of trails out there, but havent ever had the connections to find them. Last thing i want to do is go poking around the woods on a military base in full DH gear during wartime..... A few years back there was a yahoo group that was Ft lewis based. I sopke to one guy a few times, but never hooked up with them. Do you ride there much? What does it take for a civilain to get on the base to ride? I dont want to have to submit a DNA sample and go through a background check or anything......(not that theres any reason to worry....)

Tacoma Lad

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
tacoma wa
There was a bunch of guys mostly xc riders that made trails thats when we stepped in and made some good lines on this hill called miller hill. I road on these trails everyday when I lived on the post. That was before 9 11 being gone alot we where not able to keep up on the trails but one guy I know is still building up the trails I talked to him so I will be going out riding the new stuff sometime this week. You are right thought you need to know someone to drive you on to post other than that it will take your first born child to get a pass. Oh and dont try and ride through the impact areas because it will be saving private ryan on a bike.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
So are you familiar with the back side of the fort towards yelm? I used to take the reservation Rd cutoff to yelm hwy (its now closed for construction)...ive seen some XC looking guys riding the roads over there a few times and always wondered..... The other area ive been curious about is over on the road out of steliacoom into Dupont. Theres a nice elevetion drop into the fort there, and the woods seem to have access roads/trails into them.... But as i said i dont wanna end up in a holding tank because i looked like an urban trerrorist building boobie traps and stuff......

Tacoma Lad

Chimp
Jul 11, 2004
tacoma wa
The only thing you need to worry about is those striker tanks the hall ass throught the woods
I have scouted alot of places there but never really built there but it is promising no one seems to care about the area as long as you dont make the stuff visible from the road

Oly you race for speed metal ? how do you get hooked up with those guys I would love to join a team now that I will have more time to dedicate to ride, plus need to get to the next level in the evolution ya know :nuts:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Tacoma Lad said:
The only thing you need to worry about is those striker tanks the hall ass throught the woods
I have scouted alot of places there but never really built there but it is promising no one seems to care about the area as long as you dont make the stuff visible from the road

Oly you race for speed metal ? how do you get hooked up with those guys I would love to join a team now that I will have more time to dedicate to ride, plus need to get to the next level in the evolution ya know :nuts:
So the warning signes are just a gesture? I figure if it was really a serious closure there would be barbed wire and shepards.

Yea, i race for SMDH. I hooked up with them by being one of the founders of the team :) . We have grown alot this year, but are always looking for dedicated people who want to support the team at the races. What level racer are you? Do you plan to race alot? Also we like to get to know the potential members through riding and hanging out. For this season we are set on membership, but this fall should be thinking about next year..... Maybe we can hook up and do some riding.

Later,
d