Quantcast

need help with brakes

BrandonWatts

Monkey
May 4, 2005
raymond, WA
OGRipper said:
Don't know if it's too late or what but just wanted you to know you can use regular shimano or hayes rotors with Saint brakes, you don't need to use the centerlocks, and thus you don't need centerlock hubs. I have the older xt 4-pots and love them. A couple friends of mine recently switched from old xt to saint and they say the saints are just a little bit more powerful and offer slightly better modulation and control. Pretty sure the saints are a little less weight too - but only a little.
yeah i was looking at them on jenson usa and it says there 119 a brake but does that include lever and hose

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Hope m4 or mono 6ti. I had hayes mag w/ 8" rotors and 3 sets of hayes nines dh w/ 8" rotors. Of all the brakes I've ran the hopes are the only ones I have yet to overheat and fade doing the lewiston grade.
I've had my mono 6ti's making popping noises at the bottom pinging like a hot exhaust, no fading what so ever. I weigh 210lb and they stopped me right away.

BrandonWatts

Monkey
May 4, 2005
raymond, WA
yeah but one hope m6's are more them what i paid for my set of xt brakes. not saying that there not worth the money. i just dont have the money for them

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BrandonWatts said:
hey does anyone know where i can find adaptors for those brake for an 8 inch rotor
Go-Ride has them (or did last time I called them), or universal cycles.

Brian, nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah..... :p