Quantcast

Need Help with RM Slayer SXC 70

parismt

Chimp
Sep 10, 2009
BozAngles Montucky
Here is the deal- I am getting back into biking- I dont know why I left- mainly because of money issues... I just bought a Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC 70. _ I like to ride up hill, get some burn, then mach downhill- I live in Bozeman, MT and we have some good trails all around us. Well I just bought the frame, and am going to build this thing myself. which I have never done before and I dont really know much more about bikes than how to ride- so it should be a challenge. Obviously I would like to keep it light- but still hope it will hold up if I go ride the lifts at Big Sky. I am looking at this fork to put on it. http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/FK303A18-Marzocchi+66+Ata+15+08.aspx
.. what do you think? and please any info on components, good deals, or building help will be much appreciated.
come on- help a nooB out!

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Fork will be fine, you'll like it.

You need to know your bottom bracket shell width and you need to know a few things about what you want to get out of your bike.
Are you going to run 1, 2 or 3 front rings? What size brake rotors (make sure it fits)?
Make sure your bars and stem are the same size clamp diameter.
Remember that you're going to need a shop to do some work for you, so come prepared with an offering of beer (if you can) and don't expect for them to do it free/cheap. I will say that if you purchase the parts from a shop, they'll usually charge you far less to install those parts (sometimes it's included). Another benefit of getting parts through a shop is that they can help make sure you get exactly what you need.

If you have specific questions, ask. Have fun.