Quantcast

Need help writing a Resume.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Ive looked for websites on this but haven't found anything. I need to write a resume for a possible job I am looking at and have never written one before (always filled out applications) so does anyone know of any sites or guidelines to use when writing one? Its for a bike shop so are there any special things I should say besides the ordinary?

Thanks, Dan

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Keep it under one page! Be truthful, but highlight your good experiences that are applicable to the job you're applying for. MS Word will have some decent templates to start with. What I do for my resume is keep a list with a summary and description of all my jobs/ work experiences, and use that database to make a 1 page resume tailored to the job I am applying to.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Ive only had one previous job, but it wasn't something I would want to put on as a referal because it didn't end in a 2 week notice.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Have you done any work outside of a job? Volunteer work, projects around the house? Anything to show that you are a hard worker. Hobbies (ie mt. biking) are also a good thing to list, as it shows that you actually do something with your time; that you aren't lazy. If you are sponsored, list that as well. Some things that employers like to see are that you aren't lazy, you learn well, you have problem solving skills, and that you are motivated. Anything that will show this is good to list on your resume if you don't have any jobs to show. These are things you should have ready for an interview, as well as a good explanation as to why you left your last job in such a hurry.