Quantcast

need ideas

swright32

Chimp
Dec 24, 2008
i'm building my first ever line of dirt jumps in some woods behind my house.it got nice red clay just like a quarter to a half a foot down. if any body has any ideas or advice on the design so please just post any ideas or advice.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Make the landings first, dig a lot of dirt. Be creative. Make them big enough so that they are intimidating to you. Don't be afraid to dig until your hands bleed. Have fun.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I would say to use the terrain you have. If you have any rolling hills us them to make some hips and berms.

Dont build anything straight if you can help it. If its straight make it change elevation, like step ups and step downs.

Rollers, lots of rollers.

Big berms, 4 feet tall and vert.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I would say to use the terrain you have. If you have any rolling hills us them to make some hips and berms.

Dont build anything straight if you can help it. If its straight make it change elevation, like step ups and step downs.

Rollers, lots of rollers.

Big berms, 4 feet tall and vert.
I was just making that stuff at my trails today. I am trying to make them more tech trails, tech is fun. I just started the hip over my berm today.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
The line I am working on now ends with a step up to tabletop. The plan is to be able to gap the whole thing or step up onto the table and manual it or hopefully nose manual it. I've been dreaming of nose manuals for a while now so I am really pumped to see it come together!