Quantcast

Need new tires

Looking at a 2.1 size, UST. What do you suggest, I have 2.1 nevegal UST, but the are fricken heavy, and the back is worn out. I have them as a front too, is there a better tire for me, because they slipout easy, on sandy hardpack, as I am relitively light, at 145lbs. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Kenda Blue Groove, Maxis Ignitor and Continental Vertical Pro (a 2.3, but a narrow 2.3) have worked for me in a variet of conditions.

shiggy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2006
PDX
Looking at a 2.1 size, UST. What do you suggest, I have 2.1 nevegal UST, but the are fricken heavy, and the back is worn out. I have them as a front too, is there a better tire for me, because they slipout easy, on sandy hardpack, as I am relitively light, at 145lbs. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Those are the type of conditions where a Python does well.

For lighter look at the Bontrager Jones XR Tubeless Ready (requires a sealant).

Freetheheel

Chimp
Nov 16, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I've been stoked with the 2.2 Specialized Armadillo on the rear, but I doubt it's going to shed the mud well during the winter months. Old faithful WTB Weir Wolf 2.3 on the front gets its first time in the dirt today...

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
What the hell, I might as well throw in the 2.1 Tubelight Light Barracuda. Aggressive knob, high center for fast rolling, and freakishly light and fast. I've been running the 2.1 XC Marathon version which is a bit heavier.

Current XC setup on my bikes:
trail bike:
2.3 Piranha XC Marathon tubeless f and 2.0 Barracuda XC Marathon tubeless rear.
and the other lighter ride:
2.1 Barracuda Tubeless Light front and 2.0 Piranha Tubeless LIght rear .

I love tubeless!!!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
What the hell, I might as well throw in the 2.1 Tubelight Light Barracuda. Aggressive knob, high center for fast rolling, and freakishly light and fast. I've been running the 2.1 XC Marathon version which is a bit heavier.

Current XC setup on my bikes:
trail bike:
2.3 Piranha XC Marathon tubeless f and 2.0 Barracuda XC Marathon tubeless rear.
and the other lighter ride:
2.1 Barracuda Tubeless Light front and 2.0 Piranha Tubeless LIght rear .

I love tubeless!!!
ditto on the Barracuda's - love those tires! thanks to Ozz for introducing me to them!