Quantcast

Need new upgraded pads for Shimano brakes, any advise?

mtbnewbie

Chimp
Jan 12, 2014
I need some new pads for my Shimano BR486 brakes, but I would like to buy upgraded pads. It is my first time buying aftermarket brake pads and need some advise, which brands have good quality, power and silent operation?. My rotors are labeled "Resin Pads Only".

Any advice or feedback?

mtbnewbie

Chimp
Jan 12, 2014
Than you for your comments but I have been using Shimano for 2 years and now I would like to change, and use some aftermarket pads. Do you have some experience with other brands than Shimano?

mtbnewbie

Chimp
Jan 12, 2014
Do you have some experience with SuperStars, Discobrakes pads, or Rahox for example?. I have seen a video in youtube of brake pads from Rahox working with the rotor glowing. Do you know this brand?. In the web http://www.rahoxbrakes.com they offer free delivery to Europe, do you have any experience?

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
What kind of rotors are you using that resin pads are required? If they are some kind of non-standard material, start with the manufacturer's recommendations.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I need some new pads for my Shimano BR486 brakes, but I would like to buy upgraded pads. It is my first time buying aftermarket brake pads and need some advise, which brands have good quality, power and silent operation?. My rotors are labeled "Resin Pads Only".

Any advice or feedback?
none. no, really.