Quantcast

Need opinions on traveling to Windham...

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
So here's the deal. I have never been to a world cup, and I realize this is the first one in the states around 6-8 years. I will not be racing competitively.

I have a lot of stuff to get together between going off to college and getting off work to go to all of this. I need a fast answer, so what would you guys do?

Is the cup worth traveling 5-6 hours and spending $200+ and neglecting some important things? Or will it be worth it in the end cheering on all the pros and going to parties?

Thanks.

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
i dunno about you but the WC never happens in the US... and NEVER in the north east a stones throw from pkill... so add the fun of pkill parties + world cup=damn good time i think. Least thats my theory. I wont be riding and just there for a day but still going!

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Last year a WC was in the sates was 2007 at Anglefire NM. Being on the east coast and 2 1/2 hrs from my house is unheard of and maybe never again. So yes I am going for SAT and SUN. Not riding but taking lots of pics!

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
Everyone who is within driving distance to Windham should make the trip. If you ride a Mountain Bike Downhill, XC, or Freeride go watch some racing and support the event!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
WC finals, in new york, best riders in the world, gorgeous weather and an amazing time. Yes im going thursday-sunday racing on saturday! Pretty pumped. This track owned me last year and knocked me out, so im out for revenge!

WWCG2010

Chimp
Jun 24, 2010
You should certainly go to support the sport and the community. This is the finals of the World Cup and will be awesome. Big concert Saturday night and lots of cool stuff going on. Go! Have fun! And, convince everyone you know to go, as well!