Quantcast

Need quick answer

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I know theres no adjuments on my mallet c's, but they eventually got easier to break in and out of

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I’m having difficulty clipping into the pedals.
Many mountain bike shoes have thick, variable tread. This can make it difficult to clip into some pedals. If you are having difficulty clipping into Crank Brothers pedals, try using the shims provided with the pedals and cleats. The shim is a thin plastic wafer that goes under the cleat. It pushes the cleat out from the shoe sole to allow easier engagement with the pedal. If this does not work, try slightly trimming the shoe tread (in the contact area only). Use a sharp blade or sanding wheel, and please go a little at a time. The tread should make contact with the pedal, but not so much that the tread compresses (which causes difficulty clipping in).
http://www.crankbrothers.com/tech_candy.php

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
That sounds like shoe tread interference - its a common issue with eggbeaters and some shoe combos. You need to first try shimming your cleats or second dremel your shoe tread.

The other adjustment is cleat orientation and/or griding the cleat down in some spots, but that only effects release angle.