Quantcast

Need shoe suggestion.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm looking for a pair of shoes under $100 for a slightly wide food.
Any suggestions?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I like my Diadora Geckos. I think I gave $65 for them... my foot is wider than some... but most shoes seem to fit me OK. So take it for what it's worth.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I like my Diadora Geckos. I think I gave $65 for them... my foot is wider than some... but most shoes seem to fit me OK. So take it for what it's worth.
I'm having some problems with my Diadora's, as in my foot is loosing feeling.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Stosh, I have a pair of Specialized Body Geometry Sport Mountain Shoes, and they are the most comfortable bike shoes I've ever had. And...the retail for around $80.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Stosh, I have a pair of Specialized Body Geometry Sport Mountain Shoes, and they are the most comfortable bike shoes I've ever had. And...the retail for around $80.

Good suggestion, how do they breath?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
Good suggestion, how do they breath?
Well, I have the '03 model and they breath real well. The '05's pictured appear to have more mesh than mine do so they should be plenty cool.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I'm having some problems with my Diadora's, as in my foot is loosing feeling.
could it be the cleats? I used to have a lot of numbness in my feet - I moved the cleats as far back as possible and haven't had any problems since.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
could it be the cleats? I used to have a lot of numbness in my feet - I moved the cleats as far back as possible and haven't had any problems since.
they seem tight... I never had the problem before. I'll try it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
McGRP01 said:

:stupid:

My favorite shoe. I've owned 3 pair. I too have widish feet.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I have been getting numb toes, I blamed it on tight shoes ( I swear they shrunk during from the O.P. race)

I bought sixsixone experts (cause they were cheap), and still get numb toes occasionaly

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
McGRP01 said:

I just got some of the Comp version of these shoes, and I must say that I am really impressed. They are a little more expensive than the Sport, but still a hell of a lot less expensive than replacing my Sidis with new ones.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I mean the position of the cleat on yoru shoe/foot.
yep I understand what you are saying. If I get a few minutes I'll move them back a little.