Quantcast

Need some 3" bars

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
So BTI doesn't have the bars I want in stock yet. And I want a 3" rise bar yesterday. Anyone have one laying around? At least 27.5" wide, white is preferable but doesn't really matter. Thanks brosefs.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I ran 3 inch rise, i wouldnt do it ever again fwiw
Why? The front end of my bike is low as it is... and I am already on a 2" rise, which is fine, but I want a little extra height. At worst I try it and I hate it and just go back. I have had 3" bars when I rode 24" but I was too young to really know whether it made a difference.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I'm not bothering to check myself, but are the NS Bikes ones in stock at Chainreaction in the UK? They might have other 3" bars from euro street companies.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Why? The front end of my bike is low as it is... and I am already on a 2" rise, which is fine, but I want a little extra height. At worst I try it and I hate it and just go back. I have had 3" bars when I rode 24" but I was too young to really know whether it made a difference.
before you buy it, why not try a headset spacer (25mm) under the stem. (if you have enough steerer tube. I was running 4.5 inches, than down to 3, and now i ride flat bars. If you love it dont let me tell you not to, but i went lower and loved it. atomlab makes them, try to see if they have them in stock.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I don't have enough steerer.. right now the stem has about 15-20mm of spacers under it. Wouldn't the lower you have it make it more difficult to get leverage on the front of the bike?

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=45957

A little bit more than 3" rise, but I've been running these for a few months now, and they're super comfortable. Mine is a 2009 model, and the PC is really nice but somewhat thick, making tight fitting lockon grips hard to install. Oury lockons went on okay, though.
:thumb: I'm running the districts too, very nice bars! Not light, but I'm not too worried about them snapping.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Yea I was a bit worried about the NS proof bars with them being aluminum and 25.4, but I have seen them pretty beaten and they held up..

As for the stem, I can get the Eastern Choker stem for cheap from Eastern, so I am going to pick up one of those.. It comes in purple.. :)