Quantcast

need some advice please...

Jan 30, 2008
hey, im new on here and im from the UK. theres my intro.

im building a bike up and i am considering buying the Deity handle bars, do i get them in oversize for dirt jump ??

linky

thanks

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
I may be wrong, but I think Deity bars only come in 31.8mm clamp size - which is oversized..

Haha - it says that the white ones are due in stock on 11/2/08...

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
the only differnce between oversize and normal is the oversize tend to be stiffer but they are also 30 grams heavier. i run the normal deity bars and the hold up fine. and the black market bars are heavier then the deitys. also deity has some new bars coming out soon that are a little bit lighter

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
To me, it really depends on what kind of stem you want to have. I like to run bmx stems, but they will only work with 22.2 bars.

But, to answer your question, no you definitely don't need them to be the big size for dirt jumping.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
what crew said. and v-digit, the deity bars are lighter, dont flex like the black market bars, and have a better feel to them (in my opinion)

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
deity bars are lighter???? are you sure about that? i'm almost positive that its the other way around.
i've had both, and neither flexed.

Jan 30, 2008
wow, thanks for the responses, to be honest i like the white... thats one of the main reasons i want to get it, and i too like the bmx stem, i want my bike to be simple, just black and white.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
my 25.4 deitys are lookin sick, i have them in grey, but they're lower profile than the 31.8s and look a little better in my opinion. the 25.4 stem is really what shines though, but both products have been excellent for me.