Quantcast

need some good advise.

mhpoole

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Portland, Oregon
I am new to the sport of Mountain biking since all the new tech stuff came out. I bought a 2001 bullit and would like some opinions and advise on what to upgrade and what this bike is capable of. I stopped by trail head cycles today and talked with a couple guys and forgive me for forgetting your names on the board. Anyway they were very helpful and very friendly. What I plan to do mostly is ride trails and do some jumping along with some road. As I own my own business and cant really afford to bust myself up to bad I dont think Ill be taking 10 ft jumps if I can help it. I also weigh about 250 right now and 6' 2" but with some time will be around 220 or so. But I would like to know what I should upgrade and what the bike is capable of. One of my main concerns are the rims. Again since I dont have enough knowledge I would like your input on upgrades I should be looking for besides pedals.

Thank you for all your input.

Specs.

 Wieght= 32 lbs.
 Shifters- Sram “Rocket”
 Derailer= XTR
 Bars= Azonic
 Stem= Kore
 Headset= Ahead
 Bottom Bracket= XT
 Rims= Mavic
 Tires= Wierwolf 2.1
 Crank= Specialized
 Front fork= Marzocchi mcr Z.1 5” travel- with lockout- Professionally rebuilt
With new oil, seals and springs (250#)
 Rear shock= Fox Vanilla
 Brakes= Avid v brakes
 Front hub- QR 20- will accept front disk

http://www.waterworksnw.com/webimages/bullit.doc

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
discs would be a good thing to look into, i didnt know specialized made cranks... might want to replace that too

splat

Nam I am
dirtjumpP.1 said:
discs would be a good thing to look into, i didnt know specialized made cranks... might want to replace that too

I wouldn't upgrade anything yet!

ride it till the parts are worn out /Broke .

Disc Brakes would be nice , but that will also require a Wheel upgrade ( at least for the rear ) as well. as for the specilized Cranks , keep them they are fine I have 2 bikes with them , and they are fine.