Quantcast

Need some help disposing of a rather large groundhog.

How to dispose of a groundhog?

• Total voters

pvfjr

Chimp
Apr 28, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Bicyclist said:
A frikken 12 gauge, what do you think?
Fixed it for you.

If you want to have a lot of fun, a 12 guage or a colt .45. If you want to be reasonable, a .22 or a .17 would do the job nicely. If you need a bit of subtlety or are in a residential area, a blow gun would be a bit less likely to get the cops called on you.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
On a serious note, since it sounds like you live in suburbia, my friend succesfully disposed of three groundhogs in his yard with one of these...

It's a gamo shadow 1000 .177. Great gun, super accurate, it will have to be a headshot or right in the lungs though. Shoots about 850 fps. Also, I thik they cost about 300 bucks or less. For a little more knockdown but still less noise and danger to your neighbors, maybe check out one of these guys.

This beast uses compresed air like a paintball gun, but you can get up 1250 fps with a .22 pellet. Thats about as hard as a .22 short rifle. The beauty of it if that the muzzle velocity is adjustable, so you can tone it down if you say wanted to get some pidgeons that have been crapping on your car. It will still make some noise, but not like a real rifle. Plus it just looks really wicked. One of these will run you 589.99.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
TheInedibleHulk said:

It's a gamo shadow 1000 .177. Great gun, super accurate, it will have to be a headshot or right in the lungs though. Shoots about 850 fps. Also, I thik they cost about 300 bucks or less. For a little more knockdown but still less noise and danger to your neighbors, maybe check out one of these guys.
Gamo Shadow can be had for approximately $120 dollars at your local Wal-Mart. They fire at 1000 fps. Definately quiet, and definately deadly. My dad has probably shot 3 dozen squirrels and chipmunks off of our bird feeders. Throw a scope on it and you are good to go, unless you are a purist and like to use the built in sights.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
I stand corrected, I didnt realize they were that cheap. The shadow 1000 appears to be going for about 150 online. If you want a little more class and a little more power you could step up to one of these in .22 or .177. Hunter 1250.