Quantcast

need some help with 24" rims

dyno

Chimp
Jun 5, 2002
My trusty Rhino Lite has had enough and I need to build up a new rim. I need something 24" with 36holes. The pickings seem to be slimmer than it was a few years ago. Can I get some suggestions? It will be laced to a hadley rear hub on a Brooklyn Park Bike.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
There seems to be a rim thread in here every other week. At the risk of sounding redundant, I'll put in my vote for Arrow rims. The FRX isn't that heavy, and it's the strongest thing I've ever ridden. Also the only rim I know of that's extruded in the states.

dyno

Chimp
Jun 5, 2002
Thanks. I'm going to look into the Arrow FRX. It's been a long time since I looked at wheels and I forgot about Arrow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A buddy of mine who is known to destroy rims recently got a set of atom labs. He's had them for a while now, and now he swears by them.

dyno

Chimp
Jun 5, 2002
I think I've decided on the Arrow FRX, the only problem is I can't seem to find them in stock anywhere. The mail order places they list on their site don't have them, and the Canadian distributor apparently is dropping them and isn't ordering anything new.

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
the arrow frx's are pretty light but they are heavy!! they are 80 grams heavier than their claimed weight. they are strong though.

for light and strong try to find some atomlab pimplite's. they are a lot lighter and are pretty strong too.

another good company is alienation. they have 3 or 4 rims offered in 24"