Quantcast

Need some help with tables.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Ok now that I know how to jump right (thanks to everyone whe helped me out with that)I got x-ups:

So now I am trying tables but its really hard for me to get the bike up there and flat. Any advice?

Here are some pics from today:

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
looks like you're doing them the wrong direction. lay on your back with the bike above you and your feet on the pedals do a sort of whip while kicking your feet out like bruce lee. The bruce lee karate kick is the key to flat tables. I'm not joking.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
You can do them either way, but front foot on bottom will be the flattest.

However what's keeping you from getting them flat is your hands. Rotate your top hand forward around the bar, then crank the bar over into your opposite armpit.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
rotate your right hand so your palm is pushing the underside of the bar instead of pulling and then turn your hips to the right and then bend your knees and push up the frame with your left heel. Keep your left arm flexed so it doesn't go out too far left and let go of the last 3 fingers so the bar can pivot. Good luck.

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
what buckoW and Slater said!
I never could do tables as well, one day a guy told me to rotate my hand around the bar, already while riding towards the jump, and that sure did it!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
dont push the bike down bring ur legs up. u dont lean it down. you bring the wheels up. your bottom leg is the most important. turnin the bars always helped me