Quantcast

Need some Lake Sawyer details.

pvfjr

Chimp
Apr 28, 2006
Tacoma, WA
I'm going to be making my first trip to Lake Sawyer tomorrow with a friend. Neither of us are familiar with it at all. I know everyone says to go to bdbikes and get a map, but they don't open till noon tomorrow, and we want to get started way before that. So I went looking for some maps, and found this one. Will this get me going or get me lost? Is there something better out there? Anyone got coordinates or routes or something? I've also seen on the MTBR review of it that it's listed with 5+ miles, but BBTC says 20 miles. What gives? It looks from my TOPO! maps that it's fairly flat out there, which is probably good for me at this point. Anyone have a better map? I don't want to get lost...

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
It's really hard to get lost there. The map I got from the bike shop actually got me a little turned around and I just followed the land and found my way back easily. Peace!

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
you'll probably get temporarily lost in those trails but only for awhile. just allow an extra hour or so for your ride from getting turned around & winding up in the clear cuts or near the gravel pit...
have fun there!

pvfjr

Chimp
Apr 28, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Well we went up and parked around 312th st, hit some trails that were short, kept leading us out to the road, and there were way too many junctions for us. A couple of the trails we tried to take were out of our league. Large rocks, roots and logs, about every 5 feet; coupled with sharp turns, steep hills, loose rocks, and lots of blackberry bushes. Some of the trails were nice, but short lived. It seemed like we kept ending up in the same places too, and were unable to find the long trails. We screwed around for probably 7 miles before we gave in.

I'll probably be trying it again this weekend. I talked it over with Girlwhoboards, sounds like she may be able to show me around. That would be a relief, I just wanna ride. Don't want to wonder where I'm going all the time. She knows quite a few trails, and was pretty helpful.

starrbabes

Chimp
Jun 9, 2006
Puyallup, WA
Hi, I know that area very well, ride there all the time, it's my favorite. I could show you around if you'd like. I have a very good map of the area. PM me if you want a guide. If I'd seen your post I'd have talked to you sooner. There are definitly some very good trails and miles of them, some are hard, but some are easy. Talk to you soon.