Quantcast

Need some parent monkey advice.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I want to say I was 12 or 13 when we first got teh interwebz. 91, 92 maybe? Dial up, and we were the first people I knew who had it. My dad actually got it for work. He also had the first cell phone I'd ever seen.
What in the fuckity FUCK. I was mostly done with college at that point. :mad:

Did you guys ever haunt Usenet? That place was the ORIGINAL social-media trainwreck.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I remember Vandeman on Usenet. Iirc my first internet post was on Usenet in the tail end of 1995. Already had been on a few BBSs before then.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Heh. I wonder how far back Google has kept things? I was on rec.bicycles.off-road and rec.climbing in the early-ish 90's...
A few years back a friend borrowed my laptop when his broke. A few weeks after I got it back I looked into my search history to find something and realized the googlez was still logged in as my friend. His search history was squeaky clean. Perhaps he is a saint, or perhaps he is a genius and only searches questionable things anonymously, either way I now suspect he is either a very successful serial killer or a russian spy.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
My parents still can not get high speed internet at their house or even cable. They have direct tv because our local cable provider has regularly states that "there are too few potential subscribers per mile to warrant jnvestjng in running the lines at this time"

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
A few years back a friend borrowed my laptop when his broke. A few weeks after I got it back I looked into my search history to find something and realized the googlez was still logged in as my friend. His search history was squeaky clean. Perhaps he is a saint, or perhaps he is a genius and only searches questionable things anonymously, either way I now suspect he is either a very successful serial killer or a russian spy.
He knows of the incognito mode.