Quantcast

Need some serious help.......

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
That may not be the best drink, it has crystalline fructose in it, which is worse than high frucose corn syrup. They are bad because they make your liver fatty when being processed. If you have too much in your diet it will eventually lead to cirrhosis of the liver. The bad thing is most commercialized "sport" drinks have either of these ingredients in them. I personally won't even drink gatorade, I use accelerade(powder mix) as a sports drink

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
ahh ill give you some ideas for both of you, and i am not sure if it was said as i was too lazy to read every single post, some were lengthy, sorry but keep lifting and doing cardio cardio should be done in intervals like sprint a couple blocks walk a block or no more than 65% vo2 max for fat burning

also, too much cardio is actually bad for fat loss, and weight reduction, also think about it as losing fat not weight weight can be deceiving

depending how much lifting you are doing, a diet higher in protein is good, carbs should be low and fat kept to a minimum at all times also, carbs should be cycled, high medium and low carb days through out the week one high carb day or 2 and then the rest lower and mid carbs that keeps your body changing

also, i am always surprised how little people can eat and not lose weight while still doing all of that activity i am 5'10 and 220ish losing some weight as we speak around a pound a week or so just by lifting differently barely doing cardio much yet

when i was at school and trying to get bigger, i also happened to walk around 6-9 miles a day as transportation to and from class and the gym and lifted pretty intensely, and ate around 4500 calories and did not gain weight at much of a rate i guess the idea behind that is depending how you eat, just cutting calories is not good you have to cut everything properly, you are not in the same ballpark, but lifting or bodybuilding type info can be applied, remember atkins, well that is how bodybuilders lost fat since the 60s they dont follow any of the name brand type diets

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
The reason some ppl eat so little and don't loose any weight is because your body is not getting enough nourishment and is storing more fat. Thus, not loosing weight.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Fat Loss Bible. Also, take the 5 minutes and figure out your Basal Metabolic Rate and your Active/Daily Metabolic Rate. That's the only real way to figure out how many calories you should be eating.
I just did this, I got between 2115 & 3278 for the calories.

I just wanted to give an update. I am floating between 205-210 depending on the weather, what crap I eat on the days I have little control over. Exercise has been about the same. I know I've gone up with the weight I am trying to lift. I am now up to 7 reps & 155lbs on the bench press which is my real only indicator that I am lifting more, and being able to do a set of it. Everything else weight wise I have been able to gain in what I lift so I know that portion is working.

Cardio now, at this point each of us can sit an hour no problem. I can spin 90 rpm average for the entire hour. I think I need to move onto running or swimming and cycle in the bike instead of it being my only cardio option. I have started using the pool more and swimming for about 30 minutes just doing laps. I feel a lot better swimming then I do on the bike as far as the workout goes.

I agree with above, I need to stop with the Clif bar's for breakfast. My mom which is a diabetic due to her heart condition & problems she had told me to stop eating suguars (like the Clif bars) and the weight would start to drop more. I only take the bars because they are easy for me to eat at work. I wake up at 7:25 to be at work at 7:45. I eat my bar at 9:15-9:30, lunch at 12:00 (eating by 12:15), and then dinner at 5:30-6'ish. I know I could put down another meal at 3:00 when I take my 2nd break. I was before eating a banana for breakfast, but got tired of just a Banana. Are there any other bar choices that maybe don't have as much sugar as say a Clif bar? I'm not one for cereals or oatmeal. Just thinking of something that's easy to eat is all.

I do need to pick up the exercise more though. My workout is as follows

Mon - Basketball from 7 until I stop (usually 9)
Tues - Bike for 60 minutes, then do chest/arms
Wed - Basketball from 7 until I stop (usually 9)
Thurs - Cardio for 30 minutes, swim for 30 minutes
Fri - Basketball shoot around 40-60 minutes
Sat - Cardio for 30 minutes, then leg exercises
Sun - Basketball shoot around 40-60 minutes

I know I know, a lot of basketball. It's one of those things like bike riding that I can do and not thing about I am exercising. I just do it. Probably hence why I do it so much :)

I wanted to say thanks for all the help and posting ideas and suggestions. It makes me think of ways to tweak things and hopefully get down to that mark I want (which is 190). As of today I have 18lbs to go by October. I'm pretty motivated to do whatever it takes. My future wife is as well.

Thanks again guys!

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
you don't need to do that much more exercise clean up your diet even more if you can, also, once you have it cleaned up a good way to then lose fat would be to basically cut carbs until you are almost in a state of ketosis then level them off and do high low and medium carb days as i said, the weight thing, i would worry more about fat and such then just numbers the numbers will drop, also to give you an idea i do not know if you care about muscle and such, but if you are losing more than a pound and a half of weight a week you are losing a fair amount of muscle along with fat

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
You are only lifting chest, arms, and legs? What about your back, shoulders, and abs? I would stay away from most bars if you can, a protein shake as an easy meal or snack would be a better route. If you have to do bar route or prefer it...bars I personally lean toward b/c i think they taste good and are good: PowerBar Nut Nuturals Bar or PowerBar Protein Plus Reduced Sugar Bar. They are low in sugar and the only fat is unsaturated. I'm sure there are a lot more out there but i've tried these ones. I know you said you don't like oatmeal but it is honestly one of the best things to eat in the am, try mixing it with applesause. Sounds weird but I do it and it makes it taste a lot better lol. No sugar applesause of course lol.