Quantcast

Need suggestions for women seat (x-post - lounge)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Actually its not for me. :p

Karine's bike is almost completly assembled, but we are missing one crucial part, the seat!

I know that every seat fits differently depending on bone structure and such, but I'd like to have a couple of suggestions of models. Doesn't have to be a women specific seat

Requirements:

+/-$80
Light enough
Confortable for long rides.
Surface not too slippery

That's about it!

bikebabe

Monkey
Jul 31, 2002
Maryland
I use a Fi'zi:k Plateau, a Selle Italia Flite (gel one with carbon rails) and a WTB Laser. I really like the Fi'zi:k and Selle Italia but both took a few rides to break in. None of the seats I have used are women specific.

I don't like the WTB---the "V" seems to be in the wrong spot and it's very uncomfortable.

A

amg

Seats are like helmets, shoes and armour, I think. You have to try a few to find what works best for you. I've always really liked the WTB Speed V, and have never used a women specific saddle.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i have a terry butterfly on myCX bike. i havent spent a hwole lot of time on it, but so far i have no complaints. i also have a specialized body geometry on my XC bike that i absolutely love. lots of people say its too wide or too big. but i love it. it hits right at my sit bones and i could ride on that saddle for a week straight i think.

Mar 18, 2004
San Antonio, TX
I have tried lots of saddles, but my favorite by far is a Schwinn Hollowpoint Women's Sport. Heard that another company is making them now too - they are red and black. It is the most comfortable seat I have ever ridden and is great for all types of riding.

Cindy