Quantcast

need tips on jump building

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
So my parents have a green belt behind their house thats on a slight slope. Found an area that was covered in stinging nettle and used a rake to take those suckers out.

I'm using downed wood as a brace for the jump im building. Right now it's mostly a pile of dirt with a slope. Before calling it a night, I sprayed it down with the waterhose.

What's the best way to get this dirt packed down? I've been hitting it with the underside of a shovel and walking on it, and as stated above have watered it down for the night.

What's the best way to form the slope so that it has a nice kick to it?

Thanks for any tips

Use moist/hevy dirt to get the general size/shape of the jump.
cover it with an old pice of carpet or somthing like it.
Hit it until the soil dries/hardens on top.
then spray lightly(I mean mist it) with water and start carving it until you get what you want.
then let it dry.............

Have fun man.:thumb:

PM me if you have futher questions.

huckerAJ

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
I will be posting a full description from some of the best DJ builders in the area on www.gohuckyourself.com soon!!!! We are also opening our shops doors on a limited bases in downtown Renton (3rd and Wells) next week 5-16-05.......SPAM hehe

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
huckerAJ said:
I will be posting a full description from some of the best DJ builders in the area on www.gohuckyourself.com soon!!!!
Excellent!
We are also opening our shops doors on a limited bases in downtown Renton (3rd and Wells) next week 5-16-05.......SPAM hehe
Sweet! I'm out of work (again), so I may have to swing by if I'm out riding around.
GOOD LUCK!:cool:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
huckerAJ said:
I will be posting a full description from some of the best DJ builders in the area on www.gohuckyourself.com soon!!!! We are also opening our shops doors on a limited bases in downtown Renton (3rd and Wells) next week 5-16-05.......SPAM hehe

:thumb: RIGHT ON! About the shop and the jump tips, but mostly about the shop....