Quantcast

Need to replace my armor

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
My roach gear has seen better days and i have no idea what to replace it with. What do you people recommend?,What are you using for armor?. Looking for the best bang for the buck.

As for riding today, Does not look like it is going to happen. :mad: But there is always tomorrow :)

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
What specific armor? I've got the Roach FR shins, but I find them to be a bit too large, although they fit quite well and are very comfortable. If you are looking for leg protection, check out the TLD combat knee/shin. They fit great and are about equal in price to the Roach stuff, around 50 leaves.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
I am with Freak, just got a sample of the 05 RG stuff... liking the new products. The leg armor is pretty cool this year, good flexibility at the joint, wrap around design protects the side of your legs but doesnt do the full wrap like some of the old TLD and neoprene styles (which were way too hot IMO)

on a side note, the Flak Jackets are coming in WAY more sizes, fits almost anyone, heck, if it can fit me.... it will fit the scrawny or height challenged folks, the S/M adult fits me comfortably and if its too big (dont know why it would be for most adults though) the kids Large would probably fit well.