Quantcast

need TV and internet services

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
does any satellite TV service combo it with hi-speed internet? Or is that just dumb?

Dish has a package for $32/month that seems to have all the networks I want, like Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, Lifetime.

If you have Dish, do you like it?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm using rabbit ears for the past month since I moved. The reception sux. I had comcast hi-speed and that was good... I can dl the few shows and movies I'm intersted in, including Britcoms that aren't available here, like Spaced and Black Books.

The issue is I can't watch the sports I want without service. The NCAA tourney is coming in with static and I want to watch TdF and other cycling which'll hopefully be on OLN again.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
LordOpie said:
I'm using rabbit ears for the past month since I moved. The reception sux. <snip>
Excellent! Next move is to get rid of the TV.

The issue is I can't watch the sports I want without service. The NCAA tourney is coming in with static and I want to watch TdF and other cycling which'll hopefully be on OLN again.
Don't you have any friends with cable? :think: :p

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
BSEVEER said:
Just get cable internet, get a splitter and run one cable to your TV and call it a day.
:stupid:

Someone on this board said that they can't split the basic cable signal from the high-speed internet signal, so you get basic for free when you get internet. All you have to do is run a cable to the T.V.

Of course, I haven't done this, because I hate T.V.* :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

*More likely it's because I'm a lazy focker.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
Man I wish I were home right now...cuddled beneath a blanket watching my brady bunch dvds...I got the first season on dvd...it's fabulous! I really wish that I could get my hands on that horse statue they had on that console beneath the stairway...
You should ride your bike more. :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
it's pouring rain...freezing cold...and I'm hungover...oh and with my new hubs, my front wheel, brakes and fork are not working together so the front wheel won't spin. :(
These are your *pink* hubs, no? Well, at least you'll look good, even if you can't ride. :p

-S.S.-

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
:stupid:

Someone on this board said that they can't split the basic cable signal from the high-speed internet signal, so you get basic for free when you get internet. All you have to do is run a cable to the T.V.

..and can you imagine?!?!?! The Cable Company doesn't even have a clue that this is going on....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:p

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Of course, you can't normally sign up for just cable internet service without basic cable tv... and if you can, it usually costs what you'd pay for basic cable + internet.

:p

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
N8 said:
Of course, you can't normally sign up for just cable internet service without basic cable tv... and if you can, it usually costs what you'd pay for basic cable + internet.
I just spoke with 'em and you apparently can get internet without cable and it costs $10/month more.

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
dh girlie said:
Is that your dog in your avatar? Is it a french bulldog or one of those little black and white dogs...boston terrier?

Yeah, that's my boy Sparky. He is 1/2 Boston Terrier and 1/2 Rat Terrier. He has the markings of a Boston terrierand the body of a Rat Terrier. He is fun as hell, crazy little dog.