Quantcast

Need urgent help installing Pofile Cranks!!

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Ok so I FINALY got the cranks, but im a little lost on putting these suckers on. I have a 68mm Euro BB on my suburban, sooo I greasted the cups and put the spacer int he middle of them and screwed them both on succesfully.

Now hears the problem, I went to go put the spindle through the BB and it wouldnt fit through the last cup. I could easily push it through the RSD cup but on the LSD it got stuck, so i got a rubber mallot and started tapping it in but it got even tighter.

Here are some pics of what it looked like now:

This is how far I got it in:

And this is how much of the spindle sticks out of the Left cup:

I'm afraid i'm going to wreak the spindle/bearings if I keep trying to force it in. What should I do?

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Well i just took off the left cup and the spindle just came out with it. The cup is like stuck to the spindle really tight, idk what to do.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Ok well I somehow got the cup off and then I put a lot of anti size copper lube stuff on and that made it go on a bit easyer so i was able to push it down and then slide it in.

So I got all the spacers set and stuff but the cranks were like impossible to get on. I think I might take it to the shop tommorrow.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Brand new arms + Ti spindle = tight as a mofo.... helped a buddy install some recently, and the tool pushed so hard on the end of the arm, a big strip of chrome peeled right off.
Profile hooked him right up with a new arm right away though. :D

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Is it the Profile Euro BB?
Yes it is.

I pretty much got it all set up except for the cranks. I tried to put those on but after like half an hour without even getting the tool threaded into the spindle i just said forget it and decided to let the bike shop do it.