Quantcast

Need your help Colorado Monkies....

Going to be out there July 10-20 with my DH bike and my trail bike. I'll be in Golden for 2 days, Aspen for 2 days, Vail 1 day, and then in Broomfield for the remainder as my wife has a conference in Broomfield. I already plan to check out Winter Park and Keystone while my wife has her conference, and maybe Sol Vista - but with nationals coming up at Sol Vista I may skip it as a lot of trails may be closed??

Is snowmass or Vail any good for DH? What are some good trail rides in Golden? How about good trail rides near Broomfield - maybe Boulder area??

Really looking forward to this trip, with the exception of the 24 hour drive from NC. If anybody wants to hook up for a ride and/or some lift assisted DH let me know.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
SolVista is only open on weekends (Fri-Sun) normally, so get there quick if you can. However with the Nationals going on the 16-19, they have decided to open the bike park a couple days early so they'll be turning lifts Tuesday and Wednesday (14th and 15th) that week as well, and most of the trails will be open for your riding pleasure.

Snowmass has some lift-access stuff, not sure what they have open on a non-race weekend but worth checking into at local bike shops and whatnot. Vail is fun as crap, definitely hit that if you can.

Trail rides in the Golden area... TONS. Apex, White Ranch, S. Table Mtn, Chimney Gulch, Dakota Ridge, Red Rocks, Matthews/Winters, too many to name. Broomfield is about as close to Golden as it is Boulder really, and although there are a few great rides in the Boulder area, there are more in Golden.