Quantcast

Needing advice on how NOT to get scammed

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
I'm thinking about trading frames with a guy who lives in N Carolina (I'm in Seattle)... what would you guys do to ensure that everything goes smoothly? i.e. - frame shows up and is in condition described.

I've thought about maybe using local bike shops in our respective locations as sort of "go-betweens." Like he takes his bike to a local shop to be inspected and shipped, and I talk with one of the mechanics to verify everything, and the same happens on my side....

Any other ideas? I just have the feeling that there's little or no recourse for a trade... am I correct in assuming that?

Thanks - and sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

jack123

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
santa barbara
Happy said:
I'm thinking about trading frames with a guy who lives in N Carolina (I'm in Seattle)... what would you guys do to ensure that everything goes smoothly? i.e. - frame shows up and is in condition described.

I've thought about maybe using local bike shops in our respective locations as sort of "go-betweens." Like he takes his bike to a local shop to be inspected and shipped, and I talk with one of the mechanics to verify everything, and the same happens on my side....

Any other ideas? I just have the feeling that there's little or no recourse for a trade... am I correct in assuming that?

Thanks - and sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.
the bike shop idea sounds good if he agrees to do it. my main fear if i was trading someone is that i would send them my part, and they not send theirs and be totally screwed. just something to think about.

doanster

Chimp
Aug 29, 2004
Wat u culd do is COD... both of u agree to a set price and both of u ship, then both of u will have to pay the same amount and both of u will get the money... theres nothing to lose except for the COD fee!

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
BIG deal.....

i am gonig do trade with "TransAm4eva87" i am from CROTIA in europe he is in Knoxville....

how about that ha???

i must send him lot of money for karpiel so i prey to God that he will o.k. and send me bike...