Quantcast

Neet-oh

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've had that on my computer for a long time now... great ad. It took them a whole lot of takes to get it and there's only one computer edited part of the whole sequence - and it's not any of the ones you'd think.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
ok, what am I missing? When the radiator tips over and bumps the wheel/tire... the wheel rolls and bumps 3 more wheels up an incline - how do the wheels keep their momentum up that incline? Plus, when the middle wheel hits the last wheel on the incline, the middle wheel pauses, then roll UP the incline a bit more - WTF??? Somethign doesn't add up.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
binary visions said:
I've had that on my computer for a long time now... great ad. It took them a whole lot of takes to get it and there's only one computer edited part of the whole sequence - and it's not any of the ones you'd think.
I thought the entire thing was one clean run... which part is modiifed?

jacksonpt said:
ok, what am I missing? When the radiator tips over and bumps the wheel/tire... the wheel rolls and bumps 3 more wheels up an incline - how do the wheels keep their momentum up that incline? Somethign doesn't add up.
Weights inside the tire on the uphill side, as soon as their balance is interupted the center of mass actually pulls them up the incline. Damn tricky isn't it!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Slugman said:
Weights inside the tire on the uphill side, as soon as their balance is interupted the center of mass actually pulls them up the incline. Damn tricky isn't it!
OK, I see it now. They do acutally accelerate up the incline, which would be the case for off-balanced wheels. Didn't notice that the first time I watched it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Slugman said:
I thought the entire thing was one clean run... which part is modiifed?
The part where the muffler (I think? Been a while since I watched it) rolls across the floor... Halfway through the cut it and spliced in the remainder of the video.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
If you like that ad you should check out The Way Things Go, by Peter Fischli and David Weiss. It's more than a half hour of that kind of sequence shot in a warehouse. It's really inventive, though the shooting's not as slick as that big budget ad. :)