Quantcast

NEMBA FunRide; Lincoln Woods, RI OCT 16

Nov 26, 2001
Lincoln Woods
This is a Xpost from the NEMBA site
-----------------------------------------

Hi, RI NEMBA is holding it's first annual Lincoln Woods Fun Ride on Oct. 16th. Details are as follows:

Date and time: Oct 16th. 8:30 - 1:30
Rides: Start at 9:00 through 12:30

Cost:
$5 for NEMBA members
$10 for non members
$20 to join NEMBA and ride free

All rides will be led rides due to the nature of Lincoln Woods. The rides will range from Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced and Freeride.

If you are into Technical XC riding then you will dig the intermediate to advanced XC rides.

We will have led Freeride rides so feel free to bring your big bike if you are into freeriding !! You will not be dissapointed by the trails at LW. There are plenty of drops and challenging lines to choose from.

We will be grilling during the event, hamburgers and hotdogs - the usual stuff. LW is a RI State park so no alcohol is allowed. However there are great brew pubs in Providence for post ride libations.

The event will be held as a fund raiser to benefit the Mount Hope Learning Center in Providence (Cypress St.). All Proceeds above cost will benefit the MHLC. There will be some pretty nice swag as well

Directions:

Lincoln Woods is right off of Rte 146 in RI. Take the Lincoln Woods State Park (Twin River Road) exit from either the north or south.

If you are coming from 146 north take a right at the end of the ramp.

If you are coming from 146 south take a left at the end of the ramp.

You will run right into the park entrance (Sunset Stables will be on your left as you enter). Take a right at the entrance and follow the signs to the double lots 100 yds up on the left.

There a few ways to get to rte 146 from 95 and 295.

From points south take 95 north just past the Providence Place Mall to the exit for 146 north.

From points north (Boston etc.) Take 95 south and get on 295 heading toward Woonsocket. Hook up with 146 south and take the Lincoln Woods exit.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=RAiG4ep_0ToxvTfZbCIwr6UCTnAu8ad.h.xS_i7UQQ5w&csz=lincoln+ri&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

You can play around with the map link above as well.

If you need info feel free to email me @ mtbdee@hotmail.com or PM me.

Thanks,
Brendan