Quantcast

Nemba Womens Clinic , the Mens Ride Plus some

splat

Nam I am
Yesterday was the annual Womens clinic, this year they decided to have a Ride for the Husbands/Boyfrineds , My wife wassuppose to do the clinic , however work got in the way , never the less I had said I would help , so Peter nad I Went out and led the Men ride.

But here is every one, mostly women getting ready

Well off they went and off we went. Quo_fan Hitting rented Mule

THe Woodsguy decided to do it, you see at the bottom of rented mule you are suppose to turn Left , its not a Good idea if you don't as woods guy found out.

The real Disaster struck!! one of the Guys Sank his large chain ring into his Calf , and I mean BADLY! we all crambled to dig though and Use what ever Gause bandages , tape we had, we even debated calling 911 , it was Bad! But we got him some what patched up to get him out of the woods and to the hospital. My guess was going to be 30+ Stiches to close. and there was tissue still on the chainring :eek:

Next not Major , One of the guys hit a Tree breaking a brake lever , we continued on but it did slow us up, and maybe made us little more careful

Here is carol ( not all the women did the clinic ) hitting a Small jump we just finished last week.

Rich Doing the same

Rich Doing a Tree ride .

we got back before the bulk of the women so we decided to ride the spill way :) yes we got some really weird looks for this one !!!

and the women folk returned!

and what is this ??? Quo_fan -- oh My!!! ( notice the expression on Mrs woodsguy on the left !! )

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Yes, great ride Saturday (besides the injuries and mechanicals of course. I’m sure glad I had that first aid kit in my pack. When I restock it I will be sure to add butterfly bandages!) I finally got the courage to hit some of the larger drops in there. Frame twister was my favorite.

THe Woodsguy decided to do it, you see at the bottom of rented mule you are suppose to turn Left , its not a Good idea if you don't as woods guy found out.

Yea, this drop didn’t go well for me. This was my first time and I hit it with a bit too much speed and/or I hucked too much because I landed really far down the transition and didn’t have time to make the turn. I slammed on the brakes (as you can see by the skid) and got my feet down at the top of the rock and almost stopped. But of course I toppled over the back. Banged up my knee (thanks Fox for sitting on my warranty pads for almost two months now) and wasn’t sure if I could continue. But after a few minutes it felt better and didn’t bother me for the rest of the ride. I was expecting it to hurt the next day but I got up and played in my tennis league at 9am and it felt great. I actually played better than I had in a while. The cuts and bruises still hurt but it doesn’t hurt to move it.

and what is this ??? Quo_fan -- oh My!!! ( notice the expression on Mrs woodsguy on the left !! )

A little more to the left you would have seen my face which I’m sure was even better. I was in shock! I had never witnessed an engagement before and was dumbfounded. It all happened so fast and all of a sudden I didn’t know what was going on. Congratulations to Paul and Teresa! They make a great couple don’t you think? Afterwards a bunch of us treated them to lunch at Bugaboo.

A little more to the left you would have seen my face which I’m sure was even better. I was in shock! I had never witnessed an engagement before and was dumbfounded. It all happened so fast and all of a sudden I didn’t know what was going on.
much like this pic - I was holding a camera but had no idea it was coming. All I remember thinking was "OMG - wait - I've got this camera here!"

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
She knew it was comming, she just didn't know I was going to do it on Saturday. I bought the ring on Friday and had it with me the whole ride. A couple of the people were going to bail at the end of the ride and keep going, instead of returning to the parking lot, but when I told them I was going to propose to BigT, the ended the ride.

When BigT told her mother, she said "Guess what happened after the ride?" Her mother says "What?" BigT says "Paul proposed" "Paul proposed what?" "He proposed we get married."

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Woodsguy up a rock
When I used to ride Nam all the time about 8-9 years ago, this rock seemed impossible to climb. But it wasn't that bad. The pic especially doesn't look that steep.

Cool pics. I have a few too but I haven't gotten them off my camera yet. I've been lazy but also I broke my camera on Sunday at Big River. I had it mounted on the seat post but this time I had it right side up. Off the first little drop and the old tripod didn't hold and it swung down against my QR. I didn't notice it so it bounced off it several times until it broke the motor for the protruding lens. I bought an Olympus Stylus 850 last night at Circuit City which is shockproof and water proof but it looks like video is limited to 10 seconds! I think I will get this for my bike videos from now on.

Kevin