Quantcast

Nemesis Project (need frame details)

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
Ok! so i'm building a new bike this year, and origionally i was set on getting a NS Majesty but unfortunatly another shop in town (not the one i work at) is exclusive with ns this year. So im looking for other options. Dobermann is also out as the other shop is also exclusive with them. So im currently leaning towards a tonic fab howie but am looking to see what else there is for me. So whats going on at Nemesis?!? What frames are they currently offering and whats the geometry and weight like for each? I cant seem to find what im looking for on their blog.

thanks to anyone that helps!

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
Howie or TrailKing
No on the trailking, i can get one but i just dont feel it, if you know what i mean.

tonic or work with standard byke company to get a custom geo frame.
The tonic keeps poking me in the side and im getting more and more convinced about it. BUT it is just so expensive once the exchange rate is put into factor. i dont know if i can justify it. if this would have been a year ago when our dollars were at par, i would have a frame already.

I have also already spoken with the guys at standard and they are seeing what they can do for me.

I just want to know whats going on at nemesis so i can put another option into the mix.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
while i haven't ridden one im not digging the longer tt length, i perfer a bike with a shorter tt. im also not a fan of the 12" seat tube, and perfer steeper angles.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
why not a Black Market Mob? the MOB is made stateside while the riot is made over seas. I have an older MOB with verticle drop outs so its my ds do all hartail and love it.
my ss dj/urban bike is an Identiti DR Jekyll another great company this is my second DR J made mistake of selling my first one. they also make the 666R which is 758 reynolds steel and a variety of bikes alum and steel. if you shop it you can find them reasonable from biks shops in england mine was about $300 shipped from the uk

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Brad's a super cool dude and will get you what you wanna see. That being said, hes been real busy with his other business openings going on at the moment so he doesnt frequent these parts much anymore. Drop him an email for sure.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Thanks for the interest in Nem-Pro and the kind words about me and our products.
You might not have herd from Nem-PRo over the past few months but were not done just yet .
I have been working very hard on a full line of new products !

I appreciate all the great suggestions listed above as alternatives to our products at the moment . I might suggest checking out the frames from SPANK great bikes at a great price !

In regards to our MTB frame production :
Nemesis Project hasn't been producing many MTB frames over the past few months due to a raw material shortage through our supplier True-Temper. they have been out of stock on the OX platinum and Supertherm label tubes we use to produce our bikes , so I have been staying busy building a ton of super cool custom fixed gear frames for customers and close friends . Posting pic's of some of these to the blog today.

I'm currently in the process of buying the material for the production runs of the new 135mm DM's and the new Streetfighter frames which has just become available from TrueTemper again this week .
These new frames will be launched very soon , please stay tuned to our blog for more details .

Our handlebars have been selling extreamly well over the past year + , I am honestly blown away by the overall # of handlebars we have shipped out , I honestly say Thank you to everyone who has purchased a set of these your allowing us to move forward with a very solid new product line details of this to come over the next few months as product samples and production parts start rolling in .

I also recently launched KOWA Factory the production version of our tuned fork designs , we now have these forks in stock and the final production wight is dead even with a coil sprung NP tuned MArzocchi dj1 . We worked very hard to get the weight down on these forks so I'm very pleased with the final production version of these forks !
Check them out at Kowa-Factory link in my sig .

Thanks
-Brad
Nemesis Project cycles
KOWA Factory USA

Last edited:

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Always do a thorough check into the background of small shops. There is potential for lots of grief when dealing with some of them.
There can also be a lot of satisfaction!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
awesome. Brad, i think its the 125mm DM that im mainly interested in, do you have a guesstimate on when you expect some of them to be completed?
Just put two and 2 together after seeing your email , replied

- to the other people posting , you guys are such internet tools
There are sevral other threads dedicated to the brands you keep refering too why not let these stand for themselvs there not need to thread jack with pictures of the frame your lil brother painted with his whiteout marker :disgust1:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Just put two and 2 together after seeing your email , replied

There are sevral other threads dedicated to the brands you keep refering too why not let these stand for themselvs there not need to thread jack with pictures of the frame your lil brother painted with his whiteout marker :disgust1:
now that is funny ****e.
Are you guys at NP still doing work on Marzocchi forks? I have an 08 4x wc I would like to have tweaked.

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
If I was you I would over look the NP. Grate frames and Brad is a grate guy. Also what is cool is it is hand made in the US.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
haha you're still the undisputed internet tool. thread starter mentioned those co's.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Why do people keep telling the Canadian to buy US made frames? :biggrin:
I don't think Canadian shops are using BTI for NS bikes, either..... they had the new ones before BTI did.

Last edited:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
it was a joke... he asked why people were suggesting US made frames to a Canadian so i threw out some Canadian companies hence the lol

I still like Identini especially their p66. If you want top shelf the chromed limited edition MOB is nice.

Brooklyn makes the BIG BEN: A long time in the making, the Brooklyn 26” Dirt Jumper is finally here! The big brother to our classic park bike, we designed the Big Ben from the ground up to be a stout hardtail that’s light enough to whip and flip anyway you ride. Whether hitting the ramps at the park or sailing over the doubles at your local spot, the Ben was made to deliver. 135x10mm spacing, 29.8mm post, adjustable wheelbase, English bottom bracket, Disc only, 45° integrated headset. Available with and without ISCG 05 tabs.

http://www.brooklynmachineworks.com/site/bikesindex.html

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Consistantly excellent customer service, cool fellas who don't bash on the forums, skilled riders who also work their asses off to bring exceptionally designed and handcrafted product: Tonic Fab Howie. Some things in life are really worth the extra cabbage.

(By the way, sorry we couldn't help you with the deal you were looking for if you're the same Tetreault who wrote us last week. Kinda funny that you've been on my mind since your justified comment about the false-start posting someone made of our website two years ago.)

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Several of my riding buddies have tonics.... One of them had an issue with his recently, and Tonic resolved it practically instantly. No hassle.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
now that is funny ****e.
Are you guys at NP still doing work on Marzocchi forks? I have an 08 4x wc I would like to have tweaked.
No were no longer doing tuned Zokes , after their recent sale to Monroe I can no longer get the parts needed to do this from Marzocchi italy .

We now have our own line of suspension product's through KOWA japan.

Here's a shot of French Pro rider Simon Belin's new bike and 65mm KOWA factory fork.