Quantcast

Nemesis Project - Weezy Jefferson 3.25"

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
I just got my weezy's and other assorted goodies today!! Brad, you rule man!! Theres no way I can thank you enough for the kickass parts.

As soon as the clearcoat is dry enough to mount up, I'll be posting up some updated pics of these puppies ;)

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
I would deffo give the lowered fork a try on these street'y bikes these days. It makes them feel that much more like a BMX which makes it feel awesome on street.
Yeah I def. gunna lower it to 80, but if I did, I am lightly confused about the bar hight and the steer tube hight, I am afraid the bars are either going to be too high or too low. Is there any way to decide how much rise is the bars and how much stack hight I need?

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
I must say these are the most comfortable bars I've ridden. Period. I, myself, prefer narrow'er bars than some, so mine got cut after a week or two of trying out the whole 29 inches. But I LOVE how they feel and handle. They're most definitally worth the price.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
hey Brad, would you consider a 12 degree backsweep version ??

i'm going down the list of bmx bars i've had or ridden on other people's bikes and the 10 or 12 backsweeps plus 3 or 4 degree upsweep felt best to me.....

http://empirebmx.com/catalog/catalog.aspx
12 is HUGE on a MTB bar , you would end up rolling your bars forward quite a bit to the point that they "might" look weird .

The SIC Chase bars were 12 degrees back sweep and we all know how well those sold :poster_oops:

We do have our new Lil Weezy's bars being finished at the tube bender's this week .
These will be a 29in wide bar with a 2.25" rise for thoes who like a lower bar !

We will also finally have pre-polished Weezy bars in stock , this will allow us to do trans colors over raw as well as finally being able to do CHROME!!!

Big thank you to everyone who has bought a set of these bars , everyone involved with Nem-Pro really appreciates the support !

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
12 is HUGE on a MTB bar , you would end up rolling your bars forward quite a bit to the point that they "might" look weird .

The SIC Chase bars were 12 degrees back sweep and we all know how well those sold :poster_oops:

We do have our new Lil Weezy's bars being finished at the tube bender's this week .
These will be a 29in wide bar with a 2.25" rise for thoes who like a lower bar !

We will also finally have pre-polished Weezy bars in stock , this will allow us to do trans colors over raw as well as finally being able to do CHROME!!!

Big thank you to everyone who has bought a set of these bars , everyone involved with Nem-Pro really appreciates the support !
Can you guys still do fork tuning? I've got a dj1 that needs some love...

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Can you guys still do fork tuning? I've got a dj1 that needs some love...
Not so much any longer , I guess now that the deal is official I can say it .
It has been very hard getting product from MArzocchi over the past year due to the pending ( now final ) sale to the makers of Monroe / Rancho suspension . Our in house sales rep left for better options and hence the availability of fork "tuning " parts dried up.

I am now currently working with KOWA suspension from Japan on a line of dirt and Street forks that should be available very shortly.
These will also be "tunable" to the end users specific needs.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
Not so much any longer , I guess now that the deal is official I can say it .
It has been very hard getting product from MArzocchi over the past year due to the pending ( now final ) sale to the makers of Monroe / Rancho suspension . Our in house sales rep left for better options and hence the availability of fork "tuning " parts dried up.

I am now currently working with KOWA suspension from Japan on a line of dirt and Street forks that should be available very shortly.
These will also be "tunable" to the end users specific needs.
sounds good brad i'm looking to replace my tired NemproZ1 I think it's official that it's just about dead.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
sounds good brad i'm looking to replace my tired NemproZ1 I think it's official that it's just about dead.
Well Jay seeing ho you have the first 06" z-1 sport we tuned it doest surprise me at all , but almost 3 years isn't bad for a DJ fork:clapping:
I'll have more info on the KOWA line up shortly.

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007

You would have to roll them forward ONLY if there wasn't any upsweep. I have some trailkings w/ 12* and they feel like a slam bar. I would like more upsweep, but that's the way it goes. The only reason flat bars are popular is because that's how all the companies make them. The market is used to them flat. The BMX scene does fine w/ 12* based on all the slam copies (actually GT copies, but whatever) on the market.

To each his own.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
You would have to roll them forward ONLY if there wasn't any upsweep. I have some trailkings w/ 12* and they feel like a slam bar. I would like more upsweep, but that's the way it goes. The only reason flat bars are popular is because that's how all the companies make them. The market is used to them flat. The BMX scene does fine w/ 12* based on all the slam copies (actually GT copies, but whatever) on the market.

To each his own.
did atomlab stop making the trailking bars?? i don't see them on the website and all the others are 3 degree upsweep and 8 degree backsweep....

the SIC Chase bar is probably cool... but there is something about it that looks odd, like the bends are so close together it looks like a bmx 2 piece cruiser bar minus the cross bar.... or the bars that are on some kind of walmart comfort hybrid.... but still, i'd try em. and the weezy's are still tempting.....

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
did atomlab stop making the trailking bars?? i don't see them on the website and all the others are 3 degree upsweep and 8 degree backsweep....

the SIC Chase bar is probably cool... but there is something about it that looks odd, like the bends are so close together it looks like a bmx 2 piece cruiser bar minus the cross bar.... or the bars that are on some kind of walmart comfort hybrid.... but still, i'd try em. and the weezy's are still tempting.....

Now that were on page 4 I'll repost the spec's
Weezy's have 9 degrees of backsweep and 4 upsweep , 29in wide

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
It looks like they are blowing them out for 30 bucks.

http://www.atomlab.com/webstore.html

They are strong, but kinda heavy, if that matters. They have a crossbar too. They don't have much upsweep, if any. I would like about 1-2 degrees up and these would feel perfect to me. Just like my 20" and 24". Here they are on my 26" bike: